Enferia Adventures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Velatha the Infiltrator vs. ???

5 posters

Go down

Velatha the Infiltrator vs. ??? Empty Velatha the Infiltrator vs. ???

Post by Phantompen Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:14 pm

It was overcast in the city, a cool windy day setting the scene for the Arena. The normally warm sands were grey and cool, shifting in the wind. The spectators that had gathered for today's match were dressed a bit more warmly than normal to compensate for the chill, and the Queen's personal seats were enveloped in a magical bubble that seemed to keep Syndra and her guards perfectly comfortable.

"Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for coming to our wonderful Arena today!" Aloysius boomed, his tone and enthusiasm unaffected by the weather. "As always, we have a treat for you! Our first challenger, a lowly sneakthief caught trespassing on the estate of Lady Lynette!"

With that, the gates at one end of the arena opened, and Velatha was not-so-gently shoved forward. She'd been lucky enough to be allowed to participate in her normal attire, for which she was thankful. The black leather and her dual blades were a beautiful balance of defense and offense, and the weather wasn't a problem for her: she'd always been one to prefer the shade and cool weather to the blazing sun and heat.

"Call me lowly again and see what happens." Velatha muttered darkly, though too quietly to hear over the din of the crowd. "If that idiot hadn't blown my cover, the Lady Lynette would be waking up in the middle of the city naked right about now."

"And who will be teaching this criminal a lesson?" Aloysius asked nobody in particular. "Today's other challenger...!"

Phantompen
Admin

https://enferiaadventures.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Velatha the Infiltrator vs. ??? Empty Re: Velatha the Infiltrator vs. ???

Post by cerindclvr Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:24 pm

((Oh man, no one's joined in on this yet? I'll see if I have the time; what (type of) opponent do you prefer?))
cerindclvr
cerindclvr
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IGankMid Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:20 pm

((Niabi can handle a little elfin scamp. Move over and let a real fighter show you how it's done!))

IGankMid

Back to top Go down

Post by cerindclvr Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:06 pm

((Bwahaha... I defer to you. Only because I'm eager to see Niabi in action again))
cerindclvr
cerindclvr
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IGankMid Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:27 pm

Niabi always took time before a fight to apply her war paint. It was a time to reflect. Plan ahead. Strategize. Calm one’s head. That was the theory, anyway. Most times it was just her getting the freaking paint to mix right.

Ever since she’d won her fight against Seline, she’d been a minor celebrity. People bought her drinks she didn’t even know the names of. They’d call her name from across the street in passing. Sometimes they even got it right.

Really, the fame hadn’t been what Niabi was after when she signed up for the Arena. The free booze and adoration was just a nice bonus. What she was really after was respect not from others- but herself. Standing over Seline’s naked, defeated body had given her a rush like she’d never felt before. It was a wave of elation, satisfaction, relief, power, and- dare she say it- desire. Niabi wasn’t really into women, but she was beginning to wonder if there was something to everything that went on in the Arena’s punishment rounds after all.

Taking Seline’s bloomers as a trophy had only fed that feeling. Absolute victory demanded a token of surrender- and what better surrender than a white flag? Seline’s humiliation made it all the sweeter- Niabi hadn’t brought her trophy out in public yet, but she relished the idea of parading Seline’s underthings through the streets, letting everyone feast their eyes on the shamefully large bloomers.

Niabi knew she’d have to come back for more. She wanted to win. More than that- she wanted to feel that rush again. She’d step out into that arena and claim another trophy from whatever poor challenger she had to fight, no matter what.

”What’s this? A new design?”

Tocho leapt onto Niabi’s makeup table. Like all spirit animals, he couldn’t be sensed except by Niabi or those close to her. At first Niabi had hated the idea of getting a prissy white cat for a spirit guide, but he’d started to grow on her.

“Yep,” Niabi said, keeping her eyes on her target. In one hand she held her brush, which she traced over her left arm. She dabbed the tip in more purple paint and went back to her upper arm. Soon the shape of a purple pig started to appear.

“I figured I’d keep a running tally,” she grinned. “How’s this for Seline?”

”Appropriate. Well done.” Tocho bobbed his head in approval. ”Don’t let it go to your head, though. Remember what happened last fight. Learn from it. Don’t just brag about it.”

“Killjoy.” Niabi put the finishing touches on her pig, then stood up. “If you get to lecture me, I get to lecture you. Did you find enough bugs for the light show?”

”Of course. What do you take me for, a dog?” Tocho turned around to show Niabi his cargo. A tiny mesh box lay perched upon his back, tied around his cat tummy like a saddle. There was the soft fluttering of insect wings as he moved.

”There are more than enough for your experiment, I should think.”

“Good!” Niabi said. She headed for the Arena gates. “Let’s get going, then. Our adoring fans await.”

“Our other challenger... you may remember her from last week’s match, where she wrestled with a bear of a woman, defeated the undefeatable, and even took home a prize! Ladies and gentlemen, I give you… Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiabi Hawkeye!

“Just roll with it,” Niabi grimaced. “I’ll correct him next time.”

Niabi’s outfit this time was quite similar to her last one. She’d replaced her lost leggings with ones made of skintight brown lycra. The material had fascinated her once she’d learned about it. Tight-fitting, but comfy. Clingy, but not stifling. It was the perfect thing to wear to an arena match where she’d be moving around at high speed, and any loose clothes might mean a loss. Of course, the hitch was that most anything she wore under it would show up as an outline… well, she had a skirt to cover her leggings. She’d be fine.

Niabi gave her opponent a good once-over. The first thing she did was thank the stars the woman apparently wasn’t a mage; she’d had enough tricksy shit for a lifetime. The second thing she did was shiver. This weather wasn’t doing her any favors.

“Hey, there!” Niabi said, giving her opponent a friendly wave. “Look, not to look down on you or anything, but do you mind if I wrap this up quick? I’ve got a few new tricks, and I really don’t feel like playing around here.”

”Actually…” Tocho’s voice trailed off. He almost sounded worried.

“Err… Excuse me a second.” Niabi held up a finger and glanced at her companion. “I’m kinda in the middle of something here, buddy. Can you just rev up the bugs and get this over with?”

”That’s the problem.” Tocho scraped his claws in the dirt in shame. ”The cold weather appears to have… put them to sleep. I can’t seem to wake them from their hibernation.”

“Oh. Thanks for the update.” Niabi calmly looked back up at her opponent and gave her a very calm, very not-nervous smile. “Ahem. Uh. Forget I just said that. So… nice daggers?”

IGankMid

Back to top Go down

Post by westley24 Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:04 am

((Perhaps it's a bit of a far-fetched suggestion, but I don't see why cerind can't also have a character in this fight. I don't think we've had an arena match with more than two sides, but I certainly wouldn't mind seeing one. And we have had more than two contestants in the arena at the same time (Christie vs. several, Myds' and my 4v4,) and I've been quite satisfied with the results.

Just a thought.))

westley24

Back to top Go down

Post by IGankMid Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:27 am

((I'd be inclined to agree if not for the fact that Vel hasn't had a proper 1v1 as far as I've seen. Thoughts, Phantom?))

IGankMid

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantompen Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:09 pm

((If you guys want to put in some more challengers, I certainly won't complain. A bit more chaotic of a fight, but a bigger reward for everyone involved, yeah?))

Phantompen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IGankMid Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:26 pm

((All right, then. Consider the floodgates open. Come on in, everyone!))

IGankMid

Back to top Go down

Post by cerindclvr Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:10 am

((I might suggest a separate multi-teamed thread, for when I get the time to post proper-like. Still a bit tied up :/
I'd love to join in on such a thing, but my pace over the next few days I fear would slow things down. The more people's requirement for a thread to go on, the slower it will generally be, keep in mind.))
cerindclvr
cerindclvr
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantompen Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:19 pm

((You're afraid of slowing things down? As I'm sure you've noticed by now, I'm abysmal at being consistent on here. That's one of the reasons I've been trying to avoid being in too many threads at once, and why I'm so happy the community has grown as much as it has.))

Phantompen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IGankMid Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:52 am

((At this point I kind of want to call the topic a wash and do a new one. Heh. Can we delete this and get a new one, this time with a proper setup for a 3-way? I'll probably repost my same thing (I've got it saved) with some minor alterations.))

IGankMid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myds6 Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:15 am

((Lol, I like what you wrote there, about the new tattoo. I hope if you guys do start over, you repost it.))
Myds6
Myds6

http://myds6.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by IGankMid Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:17 am

((It's not a tattoo, it's just paint. And yeah, it'll be reposted.))

IGankMid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down