Enferia Adventures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minna Copperdelver

2 posters

Go down

Minna Copperdelver Empty Minna Copperdelver

Post by Myds6 Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:08 pm

Name: Minna Copperdelver

Race: Dwarf

Class: Tinker

Face: Like other dwarves, Minna is shorter than a human and taller than a halfling.  She has a round face, with brown eyes, and reddish-brown hair.  She's built solid, but any muscle definition is covered by a layer of chub.

Clothes: As a bartender, she usually wears the tavern-maid uniform of the ripped bodice.  When adventuring, she has a set of gear she's pieced together from old family heirlooms of armor and whatever else she needed to fill in the gaps.  Its mismatched appearance attests to her current financial situation, but the way its cobbled together speaks well of her inventiveness.

Bio:  Minna is descended from the Copperdelver clan.  Never a royal line, they were respectable dwarven miners and produced more than a few master-smiths in their thousand year history.  Right now, though, they are struggling.  In an overzealous attempt at fighting Orcs, they collapsed a whole branch of their ancestral mine, and soon after found out that the other veins were running dry.  Currently, they are impoverished as they struggle to find more copper.

Never one to give up, Minna came to Enferia with an eye to make a fortune.  With the money, she could constuct the advanced mining machines she had been designing, and dig her family back into its former prosperity.  Minna was known among her clan for her inventive and mechanical skills.  In the human world, she's known for tending bar and making the best dwarven ale, mead, and cider that keeps the Ripped Bodice in business.

Her speech is strongly accented, and her nature may seem a bit gruff, but inside, Minna is strongly hungry for acceptance and respect.  She reacts poorly to any slight against her honor, and tries to do things in a way that will make people take her seriously.  She found that in the human world, her height many makes people refuse to think she's capable.  She finds her self unreasonably embarrassed when she makes a mistake.

One of the problems she has fitting into human society is that she was raised by dwarves who held a terrible opinion of any kind of elf. While she tries her best not to be openly rude to elves, she has problems trusting them, and occasionally a snide comment or mean joke will slip out. This makes dealing with elves something she can only manage on a shallow basis (e.g., serving them a drink). Prolonged interaction with elves will be more difficult for her.

Skills:  

Make it Work:  With a roll against her intelligence (modified by DM's discretion for how complex the mechanism is), she can make any kind of machinery work, or pick a lock.

I can Fix It: With a roll against intelligence (modified by DM), she can fix jsut about anything that works in a nonmagical way.  She has a smaller chance to fix magical devices based on how un-dwarven the the device in question is.

Set Trap: With a few things in her pack, she might be able to cobble together some ridiculously simple (alsmost cartoonish) trap for her enemy.

Flaws:

Greed:  Although dwarven greed is a stereotype, Minna seems to live up to it, as she looks out for the coin she will need to save her family.  Sometimes, her judgement can be flawed if enticed with a material reward.

Ooooh, shiny!: On a related note, Minna is distractable.  If someone attempts to distract her or something that appears to her greed is in sight, then she'll need to save against Wisdom or stop doing what she's doing, and go after the source of her distraction.

Ooops: For all her dextrous manipulation of machines, she's kind of a clutz on her feet.  To a nearly hazardous degree.

Rolls: 10,9,2,7,1,5,5,5,8,6
Physical Stats:
Strength-9
Dexterity-5
Constitution-8
Speed-5

Mental Stats:
Wisdom-5
Intelligence-10
Perception-7
Charisma-6
Myds6
Myds6

http://myds6.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Minna Copperdelver Empty Re: Minna Copperdelver

Post by Myds6 Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:21 pm

Minna Copperdelver Minna001_by_myds6-datpfjn
Minna Copperdelver Minna002_by_myds6-datpfsa
Myds6
Myds6

Back to top Go down

Post by splotch Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:32 pm

(I like her! A bit different then the normal, unattractive Dwarven image)

splotch

Back to top Go down

Post by Myds6 Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:40 pm

((I based her off of some really sexy dwarven characters I created in Dragon Age. I think lots of fantasy worlds have given up on the "dwarven females all have beards" thing, just the way I gave up on the "all elves are skinny and have no pubic hair" thing, lol.))
Myds6
Myds6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum