The Enchanted Twins versus...?

Go down

The Enchanted Twins versus...?

Post by cerindclvr on Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:19 pm

The pleasant, cool afternoon breeze swept over the audience at Enferia's arena, prompting them to bundle their clothes tighter against themselves or take another swig of a drink that would warm them. The sun was getting low in the sky, but various polished metal mirrors cast bright light down onto the sand in the pit below, illuminating some of Enferia's newest competitors.

Aloysius didn't begin with his usual booming flair as the portcullis opened, revealing the first 'team' of spell slingers. The plump, round announcer seemed stunned, mouth agape. Both girls entering the arena seemed to be dressed alike, at a glance, in flowing purple gowns with an enticing slit up to the knee and matching elbow-length gloves. Their hair was identical in style and color, as well: long, wavy, and dark. The giant spherical crystal above the arena hovered slowly, filling with smoke briefly and revealing images to the crowd a moment later.

The faces of the contestants below came onto the screen; identical teenage half-elves, with beautiful angular features and exotic purple eyes. Each folded their arms confidently and held onto slender black wands tipped with amethyst.

As if he had forgotten about his magically amplified voice, Aloysius' loud, echoing whisper rippled across the arena.

"You didn't warn me! You old dog. Twins!?! You remembered it's my birthday!" Aloysius said, seeming to look behind him in the direction of the mysterious hidden 'Director' of the viewing sphere. Somewhere out of sight, the Director tittered and nodded. The fat announcer chortled delightedly to himself. "I owe you one, buddy. What's that? I'm on? Shit!"

With the repeated clearing of his throat, and grumbling about how he hates it when that happens, Aloysius composed himself and regarded the crowd.

"Heard that, did you?" he chuckled, sanguine, regarding the crowd with a bit of self-directed mirth. Applause and laughter followed. "You got me. It's true!" His voice boomed loudly along the walls and cheering crowd now, as it was supposed to.

"TONIGHT I bring you two of Enferia's finest initiates... You heard me right before, these magical twins have power to rival the greatest of wizards... when they work together! Entering the arena for the first time, I give you the Twin Titillators, the Delectable Duo, I give you... VeeeeiiiRRRAA AND DEEEIIIIRAAAAA..." he roared, his voice and the arena a crescendo, going beet-red in the face with the effort of his exultations, and raising a hand slowly for dramatic effect. The crowd took one look and went wild. Aloysius dabbed his sweat forehead with a silk handkerchief.

The twins regarded each other skeptically, quietly muttering things like "he sure likes twins," and "the crowd seems eager to see us..." and " 'Twin Titillators?!' "

"Well then," said Veira in a quiet voice that barely reached the crowd. "We shan't disappoint!" finished Deira loudly, as they both struck a dramatic pose resembling a martial arts stance, aiming wands at the opposing portcullis.
cerindclvr
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Enchanted Twins versus...?

Post by cerindclvr on Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:26 pm

((btw, the twins fight as a unit for simplicity, so this match can either be against one really strong opponent, or a pair of individuals. I leave it up to you, but since this is my first foray back in a while (yay!) I'd like to keep this relatively streamlined and to-the-point. That said, if you have a team of two characters you've been aching to use, or just want to see more girls in the arena, I won't back down from the opportunity! xD I'll leave it up to whomever joins me to determine if we want to use dice rolls or just storytelling to decide what happens. I'm OK with either))
cerindclvr
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Myds6 on Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:33 am

(I have a pair of sisters to fight them, but I like that adventure you proposed, and feel like it will be more interesting if they have that arena fight AFTER the events of the adventure, so I'm holding off with them.)
Myds6

View user profile http://myds6.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down