Enferia Adventures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Trip to Nysia

2 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

A Trip to Nysia Empty A Trip to Nysia

Post by Myds6 Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:19 pm

(This adventure is mainly resolving the issue of the unrest in the neighboring queendom of Nysia. The main characters will be Zaleria and Zoraida, the queen and princess of Nysia (it's complicated), and the Fox, a Nysian baroness who has been leading the resistance against their rule. Some of Zoraida's main henchpeople will likely show up. If I get the time that I hope for, maybe the illustrations will start up again. I have been working on a patreon and a paid commission the last few months, and haven't even had time to do more than barely keep up. It will be a bit scripted, if that's alright with participants...in other words, big sections of writing to keep the story flowing, and, if there's no response for a while, the story continues anyway. Percolator, if you want to bring a character along, send me a message. I'll find a way to fit her in.)
Myds6
Myds6

http://myds6.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

A Trip to Nysia Empty Re: A Trip to Nysia

Post by Myds6 Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:46 am

Niniane looked around the room. It was a typical night at the tavern. Two customers seemed to be getting a lot of attention tonight, recent arena victors. They were the toast of the town tonight, and everyone wanted to drink with them. One, dressed in flouncy black swashbuckler's garb, and another in heavy armor. Niniane smiled to herself, "I remember my first arena win." The nostalgia filled her with charity, and she carried a tray over to the two. "These ales are on the house," she said, as she passed the tankards to the women.

She wasn't the only one watching. Nearby, a heavy-set redhead was watching from a distance. She was wearing a fairly unimpressive tan garment that covered about every inch of her below the neck. The only thing remarkable about it was its size, or rather the size of the woman wearing it. No one really took note of her., as the merriment went on around her, leaving her out, as it had so many times before. That was fine with her. She had a job to do.
Myds6
Myds6

Back to top Go down

Post by splotch Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:57 pm

"So," Nelvina said, pushing away her ale. Abstinence was key, after all. "we won."

"Come on, don't be so dour!" The Fox said, sipping her ale down in a gulp. "We won! We beat those bitches into submission!" She spun around to the bartender. "Another!"

"And they promised revenge." Nelivna pointed out. She didn't mention that the god's had abandoned her, and she'd been seen without her perfect body. Not as bad as it could be, but she was still a bit ashamed.

"True." The Fox admitted. "But, I have some plans on how to deal with that pair once and for all."

splotch

Back to top Go down

Post by Myds6 Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:15 pm

The free drinks flowed late into the evening. The Fox was too inebriated to notice the chubby woman across the room listening to her plans. And she wasn't the only one listening. At the ripped bodice, every candleholder, sconce, and fixture was magically transmitting sights and sounds to the control room downstairs.

"True." The Fox admitted. "But, I have some plans on how to deal with that pair once and for all."

"Ooooh, do tell," Brandywine said to no one, tipping her office chair back and smiling. There was no love lost between the sisters and her, so this was going to be juicy. A magical transmitter signaled to the barmaids to bring even more free alcohol to the arena victor. Like always, they obliged, having no idea what their boss was thinking or planning.

Myds6
Myds6

Back to top Go down

Post by splotch Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:21 am

"What are your plans?" Nelvina asked.

"Well, doubtless those two bitches have sent a message back to Nysia." The Fox said, rather loudly since she was a few ale's deep. "I sent several as well. The first thing we have to do is leave with all haste, and try to intercept their messager and stop their message from getting back."

"Accost a messenger?" Nelvina asked, shocked.

"If necessary." The Fox said. "Either way, we have to try to get that message, then make it back to Nysia. We will rally the people against the royalty and lead a revolution!"

"What's this 'we' business?" Nelivna asked. "Why would I go to your battle?"

"We fight so well together!" The Fox pointed out. "Besides, without your help, the royal army will slaughter any uprising. Can you really sit by and do nothing?"

"...No, I cannot." Nelvina said, hanging her head. She found herself unconsciously sipping her ale. "but the two of us cannot fight an army."

"True," The fox admitted. "Even with the common folk behind us, we face a difficult challenge. That is why I sent out word to several other adventures to join us. Ah, there they are now!"

She pointed toward the door. Entering seperatly were a small woman in a green dress, barefoot and lithe, and a towering half orc woman of some defined build. The pair wandered towards the Fox.

"You offered us work?" Gortha the half orc asked.

"Yes," The fox said merrily. "You two complete our party. We go at once!" She jumped up, rather shakily, and led the party towards the door.

splotch

Back to top Go down

Post by Myds6 Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:56 am

Behind the tavern, the redheaded woman spoke to a figure cloaked in black. "Plans have changed. She's going on the offensive." "We'll have to adapt, the black-cloaked figure said. Catch up. I'll deal with the others."

Running over the tops of buildings, the Ebon Whisper managed to get ahead of the adventuring party, before going around a corner, and dropping down to street level.

What the Fox saw was a woman cloaked in black, moving along quickly, as if trying urgently to get to the port unnoticed.
Myds6
Myds6

Back to top Go down

Post by splotch Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:45 am

"Look!" The Fox hissed, pointing the woman out.

"Is that the messanger?" Asked Nelvina.

"Could be," The Fox said, unsure. "You!" She pointed to Belinna. "Go check it out."

Belinna shrugged, then began sneaking after the dark figure.

(Critical fail on that stealth check)

splotch

Back to top Go down

Post by Myds6 Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:05 am

The Ebon Whisper seemed startled, dropped her hood, looked at Belinna and the others, then sprinted down an alley. Belinna and Gortha followed in hot pursuit.

Before the Fox and Nelvina caught up with them, they saw a heavy-set redhead in leather armor, also running from them in a different direction, but one that could also lead to the docks.
Myds6
Myds6

Back to top Go down

Post by splotch Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:41 pm

"Split up!" The fox command, adrenaline overpowering intoxication. "Try to catch them! If we get separated too far, we'll meet on the road to Nysia!"

With that she took off after the Ebon whisperer. Nelvina grasped the rather flabbergasted Gortha and pulled her after the redhead.

(Following the whisperer speed- 12)
(following the read head speed- 11)

splotch

Back to top Go down

Post by Myds6 Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:39 pm

(Ebon Whisper critical success)

Belinna was right on the heels of the mysterious woman in black, and the stumbling Fox was right on Belinna's heels. But somehow, the woman managed to run just fast enough that they were almost ABOUT to catch her. She took a turn to one of the narrow alleys near the docks. A dead end. It looked like they had captured her.

But, to their surprise, a heavy fishing net fell on them from between the buildings. (19 Good, I needed this plot device to work to advance the plot anyway)

From the low roofs, a motley-looking ship's crew jumped down, following the commands of a woman who could best be described as a hard-drinking mercenary.

The cloaked woman smiled at the Fox, as she reached through the net to confiscate her weapons. "Like a moth to the flame," she whispered, in a raspy voice.

"We've been expecting you," the mercenary leader said, cryptically, as the crew picked up the net with the two women in it, slung over a spar that they carried on their shoulders.

The woman in black (I'm not sure they know anyone's identity here yet) turned to the captain. "Is the Hammer going to stay in Enferia?" she whispered. "Aye, they won't be joining us." Three mercenaries stepped forward. They were big women, heavily armed and armored in matching outfits of black and red.

"You will come with me," the woman in black ordered them. They paused, but their captain nodded, and they followed her into the night, running through the streets.

Makkuro smiled. The plan to separate the adventuring party had worked, but now, her apprentice might be in trouble. She'd have to rescue her, and make it to the ship, while holding off the considerable muscle up against them.

(12 )

Wanda, realizing she was being followed, ran as fast as her stout legs could carry her. The plan had been for her to serve as a distraction, and it had worked. But the Fox wasn't one of the women after her. Instead, it was that brute of a knight and a huge orc. She was terrified. The plan was to take the Fox to the pre-arranged trap. Even before the adventurers were involved, that was going to happen. But the idea was that she'd be the decoy, and Makkuro would be with her to save her if she got in trouble. Now, they had to split up, and she was definitely in trouble. She couldn't lead them anywhere near the trap; that would be foiling their own plans. But, on the other hand, she couldn't run forever, and couldn't face these foes on her own.

She had to think fast. Where should she head? Her home was the arena prison, where these women also lived, that wouldn't work. She wanted to stay close to the docks, and her mentor, but had to keep them far enough away for the plan to work. How would Makkuro find her? (14 ) "Think, Wanda, think!" Wanda was smart by any measure, but the best her brain could come up with was to lead them to the streets near a dockside tavern that Makkuro had brought her to before. She only hoped her mentor would think to look for her there soon enough to get from the trap to her in time; her legs were getting tired.

And even more frightening thought crossed her mind. What if she was seen as expendable? They'd have the Fox by now, what if Makkuro didn't need her anymore? And why were they trying to capture the Fox? Although her mentor told her that that rogue baroness was her enemy, the romantic story of a freedom fighter reminded her of the stories that she had read. She even felt some empathy, when thinking of the stories of the Red Rose, who inspired her costume, and whose dagger she carried, an inheritance that came as a total surprise to her. But for now, she just had to keep running, and hope she didn't receive a beating at the hands of the huge brutes behind her.

Myds6
Myds6

Back to top Go down

Post by splotch Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:21 pm

"Damn! Trapped" Cursed The Fox, before hiccuping from drink. Belinna rolled her eyes. Then, wriggling so her arms were on the net, she used her power to reshape natural objects to try to warp the hemp net and escape!

(12. If you want them to stay trapped for story's sake feel free to stop this)

Nelivina and Gortha charged after the red head. (critical success!) Both women were in peak athletic shape, and had no trouble keeping up this run. They closed the distance, getting closer and closer, until Nelvina reached forward to try to grasp their quarry and catch her!

(11)

splotch

Back to top Go down

Post by Myds6 Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:57 pm

(Um...the magic will come in handy in time...for now, I'll steal a plot device from another fantasy universe I wrote in.)

The ropes glowed, as if the magic was working...but instead of any change appearing, the net glowed green.  "WE thought someone might try something like that," the mercenary captain said with a chuckle, as she tossed her dark brown hair.  "That's why we powdered the ropes with antimagic emerald dust.  It's rare and expensive, it comes from an island in the Almerian colonies."  She paused, and turned, "Sorry you got caught up in this, you just need to pick your friends better, I suppose."

They hauled the net toward the docks, and arrived at a fast-looking two-masted ship.  There, a dark-haired, wide-hipped woman who looked more like a pirate than anything else was waiting.  "Welcome aboard!  Our crew will show you to your quarters.  are we ready to set sail?"  "We're waiting for two more," said the mercenary captain.  The pirate nodded, "Tell the VIPs that the guest of honor has arrived," she told one of the crew members.  "Aye, aye, captain," came the response. as the crew member scurried down into the hold.

(10)  Nelvina got a handful of waistband, pulling her quarry back.  Wanda continued to try to get away, but Nelvina yanked the leather pants to her knees, tripping her, and exposing the enormous white panties with a rose pattern that spread across her enormous backside.

Wanda lay face-down on the road, her granny-pantied butt sticking up like a target.  She tried to play innocent to buy time.  "Why-  Why are you chasing me?"

Meanwhile, Makkuro, leading the three mercenaries, was running through the streets trying to figure out where Wanda went.  (11 ) for now, they were wandering aimlessly, because she couldn't find the right place to look. (Of course, the others have no idea that she's coming...or even what happened to the other group.)
Myds6
Myds6

Back to top Go down

Post by splotch Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:41 am

"W... why are we chasing her?" Gortha asked. Nelivina ignored her and picked up Wanda by her collar. She lifted her so forcefully she shook her pants off, leaving them in a pile on the ground.

"Do you work for those two sisters, the Queens of Nysia?" She demanded.

"I... uh..." Wanda stammered while blushing.

"Search her, see if she bares a message." Nelvina commanded while holding Wanda firmly. Gortha began patting Wanda down, causing Wanda to squeal when she ran her firm hands down Wanda's thick legs.

"No scroll." Gortha reported. Nelivna threw Wanda to the ground.

"Why did you run? What is your game?!" She demanded, hand going towards her mace. Gortha was a bit shocked by her companion's rage, but decided to stay silent and act intimidating.

(Charisma check to intimidate 15)

splotch

Back to top Go down

Post by Myds6 Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:56 am

(Charisma check to be charming as defense 15)
"I was, uh, late to meet a friend. Why does anybody run? To go faster! I'm certain this is all a misunderstanding. You won't have to worry about me complaining to authorities, I'm sure you had your reasons...for, um, this." She gestured to Nelvina's hand that was still holding her. "If you don't mind, I'd like to take my pants and meet my friend?"

(15 I was worried she'd never figure out where to look, she's not very book-smart.)

"The Tavern! The one by the docks. That's where she is!" Makkuro whispered. The mercenaries followed, panting trying to keep up with the athletic spy.

(They are about 2 turns, let's say, from arriving)

The Fox and Belinna were carried below decks, and brought to a brig. It was an unusual brig, in that they were encased in a cage of wood. It gave off a weak, green glow. Not having the net pressed against their skin seemed like a blessing, but this cage wasn't very comfortable, either. What's more, they weren't alone. A purple-haired woman, her clothes reduced to rags, sat in the corner, moping. It seemed as if she barely noticed them.

The Fox, being a noble of Nysia, recognized her immediately. This was Eleanor, the court painter, a one-time lover of Zoraida, who left her dramatically, switching the painting that hung in the throne room into a much less flattering (and more accurate) nude image as she left. This enraged the queen so much, it was rumored that she came to Enferia as much to hunt down her lover (whether to get her back or punish her is a subject of speculation) as to find her wayward sister, Zaleria.

Rumors had it that once in Enferia, Eleanor was seduced by (or seduced?) Zaleria, causing even more conflict between the two sisters. The fact that she was sitting in this cage with one of their enemies suggested, in the Fox's mind, that she was perhaps in good standing with neither of them.

Myds6
Myds6

Back to top Go down

Post by splotch Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:54 am

"Eleanor?" The Fox asked.

The despondent woman raised her head. Her red, tear stained eyes widened in shock.

"The fox!" She exclaimed. "Notorious outlaw! So, you've been captured too?"

"It appears so." The fox said. "Come, help us figure a way out of this cage, before we end up in the clutches of those sadistic sisters!"

(Critical success intelligence to guess the lie!)

"I don't believe her." Nelvina declared to Gortha with utter confidence. "I think she's lying, and in the service of our enemies. Let's bind her and carry her away to meet with the others."

Gortha was a bit worried when Wanda mentioned the guards, but Nelvina was so confident she was swayed. She pulled out rope and helped to hog tie Wanda. The two were so strong, she had little hope of escaping.

(Critical fail!)

Wanda had brief moment, before the rope bound her, where she felt Nelivna's grip slacken. Should she try to run and risk their wrath, or stay and try to wait out help?

splotch

Back to top Go down

Post by Myds6 Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:22 am

Although smart, Wanda wasn't totally rational in this situation.  She grabbed her pants form the ground, then ran...at this point, she had little idea where to go (luck roll, whatever that is...6  Speed roll 12)

She had hoped Makkuro would find her here, but now, she was on the run again!

Trying to get out of the area, she ran through some bushes that had thorns, and started to tear the seams of her clothes.

(luck roll 9  I, um, just invented that)

Makkuro, although it had taken her a while to figure out where her apprentice was, at least had the luck to catch her leaving.  Of course, the pantsless Wanda came running toward her, and ran face-first into the tallest mercenary, Giuliana, knocking them both to the ground.

Makkuro and the other two mercenaries suddenly found themselves face to face with Nelvina and Gortha, as Wanda and Giuliana stuggled to get to their feet.

(These are the Mercenaries; imagine them slightly prettier, as I will fix things if I get around to rendering them again. https://enferiaadventures.forumotion.com/t114-the-new-crimson-hammer?highlight=hammer  )

Before Eleanor had a chance to speak, Zoraida climbed down the stairs, and peered at the women through the cage.  "Well, Baroness, we were expecting you.  And I see you met the artiste extrordinaire of Nysia.  You may wonder why you're on a ship...."  Zaleria came down the stairs and interrupted, "shje doesn't deserve to know."  Zoraida gave her little sister a stern look, "I enjoy taunting her, so I'll tell her if I like."  "You know, you don't have to go revealing our plans to the enemy," Zaleria fretted.  Zoraida waved her off with a hand gesture and cleared her throat.

"Why the ship. not the road?  Well, there are several reasons.  We can arrive at Addercourt much more quickly by sea.  Besides, it's much harder for your peasant friends to set up roadblocks or ambushes.  They'd need a ship to follow us...and how many peasants do you know of who have ships?  What's more, is that, even if you get out of this cage, there's nowhere you could run to.  You'll be enjoying the view of the inside of my dungeon in no time.  But don't fret.  I won't leave you alone to rot there; we're going to have some fun first...and well, who's this...fey, I believe?"

"She's kind of cute," Zaleria chimed in, "but her head is a little too big."

(I plan on this being pretty fun, but the protagonists need to suffer a bit before they get their own back; it makes their revenge sweeter later. At least, I assume they will be able to.)
Myds6
Myds6

Back to top Go down

Post by splotch Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:34 pm

Seeing that they were outnumbered, Nelvina decided discretion was the better part of valor. She planned to run, double back once she lost them, and find their other companions.

"Run!" She commanded Gortha. Then, charging her mace with holy energy, she let a blast of white light fly! (13)

Then she and Gortha turned tail and took off running.

(Nelvina 6, Gortha 13)

"You'll never be able to stop the people!" The Fox said. "The revolution will see you overthrown!"

"I think taking out you, the rabble rouser leading this whole ruckus bunch, will end any unrest in our kingdom." Zoradia chimed in.

"No one will act out once they see what we do to you and those who fight with you!" Zaleria grinned wickedly.

"What are you going to do to us?" Belinna asked, growing nervous.

splotch

Back to top Go down

Post by Myds6 Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:23 pm

Makkuro pulled Wanda to her feet and ran back toward the docks.

The Mercenaries gave chase to Gortha and Nelvina. (Pamelein 15, Sarasia 7 Giuliana 12, -4 for the fact she has to stand up all the way first, so Cool

Gortha was succeeding at getting away, just as one of the Mercenaries tackled Nelvina. The other two had caught up and were ganging up on her.

Minutes later, the crew welcomed Wanda and Makkuro aboard, and set sail. "What if they follow us?" Wanda asked. Makkuro smiled, "We've thought of that." From a weapon rack just inside the cabin of the ship she pulled an impressive-looking composite bow. Lighting an arrow on a nearby torch, she took careful aim and let it fly.

Wanda watched in amazement, silently wondering what this had to do with her question. Then, she saw the arrow make contact with a smallish fishing boat. After a moment, it exploded into flames, taking with it the other fastest ships in the harbor, which also seemed to have contained explosive materials, but in smaller amounts.

"There are boats," Makkuro smiled, "but none that can come anywhere close to our speed. At least now."

Below decks, a loud sound was heard. The wake that rocked the boat must have been related, but the visual data of what happened somewhat far from their vessel was lacking. Everyone put their hands out for balance as the boat rocked, looking concerned. Zoraida, however, was smiling. "The whisper is aboard, I see." "She never lacked for flair," Zaleria laughed back, adding, "Well, girls, we're underway. Nothing will slow us down now. What was your question? What are we going to do to you? Perhaps you'd rather wait and be surprised. I wouldn't want to trouble your pretty little, er...big, head."

(Sorry, enjoying this one; I'll render the head the size you specified, but the other characters notice her proportion, too.)

Myds6
Myds6

Back to top Go down

Post by splotch Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:33 am

(I like the big head thing, it's a little less mean then a lot of the ways our characters normally insult each other. Just a funny thing.)

Nelivina fought with all her vast strength, but the numbers were overwhelming. With desperate fear she flailed against them, though their weight was overwhelming.
(12)

Meanwhile Gortha rounded the corner. Realizing she wasn't being followed, she looked back at Nelvina, pinned under three mercenaries, fighting desperatly. Should she help her? She realized even with her aid, the two of them could not face four foes successfully. So, she hid away, deciding to shadow them and see where they went, and help when the time was right...

"Just tell us, and cease you're gloating!" The Fox said testily.

"Woah, mind your temper outlaw, or things will... escalate... quicker then you might like..." Zoradia threatened in a way that made even The Fox shiver.

"Now, we'll tell you, since you're so helplessly trapped..."

splotch

Back to top Go down

Post by Myds6 Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:48 am

Zaleria tapped her sister on the shoulder.  "Let them imagine what they will.  They'll find out soon enough."  Turning to the women in the cage she added, "We'll be there by morning, as opposed to four long days on the road.  Get your beauty rest, you may not be resting for a while."  With that, the sisters turned and climbed the stairs, leaving only a grinning pirate, missing some teeth, leaning against the far wall to keep an eye on the caged prisoners.

The Fox could hear Eleanor whimpering quietly.

(Critical success.)
Giuliana held Nelvina down while the other two mercenaries tied her wrists.  "Where did that big orc go?" said Sarasia, looking around.

"It doesn't matter.  We got this one," Giuliana said, making sure neither Nelvina or she had any weapons that could be drawn, by handing them to Serasia, then slinging Nelvina over her shoulder.

"Where to, then, the harbor?"  Giuliana grinned widely, "Yup, the harbor."

With that, they started walking toward the docks, the largest of the mercenaries carrying the bound paladin over her shoulder, while another carried her weapons for her.  The third tagged along, whistling.

The remaining two, the redhead, and the woman in the black hood, had long since disappeared.
Myds6
Myds6

Back to top Go down

Post by splotch Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:13 am

"What's wrong with you?" Belinna asked, shaking Eleanor's shoulder. "Why are you so fearful?"

"You don't understand!" Eleanor moaned. "Those sisters will see us utterly crushed and humiliated!"

"Don't be so sure." The Fox said. "We have the power of the people on our side!" Despite her rousing speech, she felt terrified on the inside. They were already captured, their allies lost. She had no idea what to do!

Nelivina, realizing she was captured, walked proudly, chin high, trying to not show her growing nervousness....

Gortha creeped after them, heading back towards the docks. She had to find out where they were going! If she didn't, well, she had no idea what to do really. And, if she lost everyone, there was no way she'd get paid! So she pursued from the shadows.

splotch

Back to top Go down

Post by Myds6 Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:33 pm

(Sorry, was away for a while. Also, Nelvina was being carried.)

Gortha followed the mercenaries to the docks, where they walked to the end of a pier. "Oh, well, it seems they already left," said Sarasia. "You mean I carried her here for nothing?" Giuliana fretted. Then, an evil grin crept across her face.

Hoisting the bound Nelvina over her head, she tossed her into the waters below. "Hope that fancy armor floats," she taunted, as the three Mercenaries, laughing, turned around and walked back down the pier.

(We'll check back in with the Fox's crew later, for now, let's say they are sailing.)

Myds6
Myds6

Back to top Go down

Post by splotch Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:06 am

Gortha gaped from the shadows as they threw Nelivna bound into the water. That was certain doom! She had to act! But, she had to wait for the others to leave. A precious thirty seconds went by. Then she was able to run up and dive into the water.

Gortha's powerful body cut through the water. She dove down, reaching Nelinva who was in a panic, bound and holding her breath. Gortha grasped her, but found her too difficult to raise. Of course! The armor was dragging her down. So, with powerful hand Gortha tore at the armor, snapping the leather straps which held it on. Soon, the still bound Nelivna was free of her metallic garb. She wore only her tunic and whatever lay under it. It was enough for Gortha to be able to hoist her up and swim her to the surface.

Sputtering, they burst from the water. Gortha swam her to shore. Nelvina gasped at air. Gortha threw her on the dock, saving her from this paticular menace...

splotch

Back to top Go down

Post by Myds6 Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:06 pm

(Sorry, needed to establish the 'mean girls' cred, didn't want to up the ante to death, I knew Gortha could get her out. But now she has personal reasons for involvement. Perhaps she'll catch up with those mercenaries at a later date, but it will be clear who they work for.)

A bronze-skinned woman with a blue scarf wrapped around her hair came running. A cutlass dangled from the sash she wore around her waist. "Are y'alright? I saw them lumbering lubbers toss you in from the other pier, it's a good thing greenie was hear to haul yer carcass out. I got here as fast as I can, but it would have been too late fer ya." She held out a flask, "Have some grog, it'll being breath back to your lungs."

The Fox and Belinna hadn't gotten a wink of sleep, because of the sound of Eleanor sobbing. They didn't know how long it had been, the Fox silently guessed it was over 24 hours. In the distance, they heard a loud horn blowing, followed by what might have been a huge chain retracting.

"I think we're arriving," she said, and Belinna nodded. Shortly thereafter, some of the crew members came below decks. A few drew their swords as another opened the cage and gestured up the stairs.

The three women squinted as they came out into the bright sunlight. They were at a dock abutting a huge, dark castle. Belinna looked distressed, but the oterh two faces showed recognition. This was the royal palace of Nysia, in the capital city. As their eyes focused, they saw half a dozen heavily-armed women in spectacular plate armor. These were the doomguard, the Queen's hand-picked bodyguards and enforcers.

Zaleria and Zoraida were nowhere to be seen, but the ship's captain curtsied and the prisoners dramatically, and gestured to their new caretakers, who stood silent. Finally, the tallest of them spoke up. "We're to take you to the dungeon until more appropriate quarters are prepared for you."

There seemed no chance of escape at this point, but the Fox was watching carefully, for the slightest breach in their captor's attention.

(This is about to ramp up.)
Myds6
Myds6

Back to top Go down

Post by splotch Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:24 pm

Nelivina took the bottle, almost putting it to her lips before she stopped to think. What am I doing? She wondered, passing the bottle along to Gortha, who took a mighty swill.

"I thank you." Nelivina said, standing to bow. "My compainon and I were bodyguards of a sort. We were tracking a possible threat to our leader, when we were led into an ambush. We need to get to Nysia as soon as possible... but forgive my rudeness. What is your name?"

"Stay close." The Fox whispered to Belinna. "I'll get us out of this."

"You? What can you do?" Belinna said, growing frustrated and frightful.

"Th... the people will come to our aid!" She said, though she was feeling quavering doubt creep into her heart...

splotch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next