Enferia Adventures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Match: Jamie the Redcap vs Artemia the Acrobat!

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Match: Jamie the Redcap vs Artemia the Acrobat! - Page 2 Empty Re: Match: Jamie the Redcap vs Artemia the Acrobat!

Post by cerindclvr Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:33 am

I agree, here. Flurry of blows is hella powerful in comparison. Nerfs or buffs are in order, now that we have a working idea of the system in play. A greater penalty to attack is perhaps in order for flurry of blows, if you're looking for a nerf. Generally, during the nerf process, one must ask: "would I still use this?" If the answer is yes, then it's probably still a good ability. But I'm gonna go out a limb here and say you're both familiar with these concepts. Smile

I'll look over the other abilities and consider possible buffs to balance things out as an alternative to nerfs. As far as the rock-paper-scissors approach to the tri-stat attack system, I'll have to give everything another look before evaluating my thoughts on that. I'm interested to see how that might work, though -- it gives incentive to having more balanced stats as a character. *shrug*
A good thing to keep in mind is that defensive abilities are kind of boooring. Let's try to never implement too many abilities that allow one to stay clothed for too long..! A little edge to keep the "clothies" barely clothed a little longer works just fine for me, but prolonged stalemates should be avoid at all costs, hehe...

And yeah, finally, I think we should examine the different armor types (and consequently the critical hit system). Until the stat-specific advantages are balanced, there's not much point (besides thematics, of course) to having different armor values or garment-layering options.

That said... I think things are wonderfully fun so far! As a result, I ultimately haven't cared about balance issues or, really, the rules all that much. Naturally, as we move forward, we'll want to slowly refine the system like we've been doing. But, we're off to a great start though, and as long as everyone's having fun I wouldn't want anyone to become -overly- concerned with the wrong things.
cerindclvr
cerindclvr
Admin

Back to top Go down

Match: Jamie the Redcap vs Artemia the Acrobat! - Page 2 Empty Re: Match: Jamie the Redcap vs Artemia the Acrobat!

Post by Big Mara Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:44 am

Agreed on all counts. Avoiding prolonged stalemates is something I'd like t avoid, as well. Since, ultimately, the goal of these fights is to get the characters to lose their clothes. Razz

Big Mara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantompen Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:08 am

I'm in total agreement with the both of you. I've sent Mara a PM with some ideas for balance and tweaking to see what he thinks. Pretty much everything you brought up, Cerin, is something I've noticed and have started looking into fixing. Mainly equipment durability, a nerf to Flurry of Blows as well as buffs to the other stat abilities, and a fairly major change to the critical hit system.

Phantompen
Admin

https://enferiaadventures.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2