Enferia Adventures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halia, Arcane Trickster

5 posters

Go down

Halia, Arcane Trickster Empty Halia, Arcane Trickster

Post by cerindclvr Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:05 pm

Name: Halia Half-Elven

Race: ...Half Elf

Face: Her face is soft-featured, adorable, and lightly freckled. Halia's face sports small, pouty, pink lips and large, deep blue eyes, which constantly seem to sparkle. Her eyes are a touch exotic, but her slightly pointed ears are the only other thing that give away her halfbreed status.

Hair: Atop her head is light red and straight, fairly long hair, maybe down to her shoulder blades when unbound. Halia typically wears her silky red locks in a pair of cute pigtails, though.

Body Type: She is petite, to be sure, standing no more than five feet tall. She's proportionate, for the most part, with smallish, pert breasts topped with small, light pink, puffy nipples. Her hips and butt hold a little bit of curve, the latter of which is bubble-shaped but not terribly large. Typically she wears a forest-green cloak over her light green tunic, leather, knee-high boots, and long leather gloves. Beneath her short little tunic she wears very little: some tight linen shorts, light pink panties, and a matching bra.

Bio: Halia doesn't know her parents, she's only been able to deduce her heritage through her appearance and aptitudes. She did a lot of growing up on the streets, sometimes taking refuge at a shelter until it wore on her too much. The sprightly little creature took to thieving at a very young age. As can be expected, the streets are pretty rough on young, female pickpocket, which is why when her luck ran out and she was going to be arrested, she was saved. A master thief who was famous for implementing magic into her thievery took pity on the girl and swept her away from the guards before she could be taken in.

Halia only trained under the unnamed master thief for about a year before she released her from apprenticeship. Though she was young, her immaturity and lust for mischief made her an especially ill fit for the highly professional, calculating master thief. Figuring that she'd done her part to teach the girl to survive and deciding to let the rest of the world deal with her, she left. Halia was upset for a while but found that her newly earned magical prowess and formal thief training made doing what she loved most even better. What she loves, of course, is thieving and mischief.

Stats:

Strength- 5
Dexterity- 8
Intelligence- 5 (6 from skill)

Traits/Skills/Special Abilities:
Pick it apart -- Halia is good at getting into things: houses, safes, clothing... you name it. As such she tends to pick apart defenses and find weak spots in things. She actually prefers heavily armored foes for this reason -- she finds them to be less nimble and therefore easier to strip... When it comes to magic users she knows she just has to get close up and stay inside their defenses.

Need no key -- Halia is a bit of a genius when it comes to recognizing the structure of a given thing -- when observing a building from the outside she has a way of guessing the layout of the inside. She knows where the hidden straps are holding armor up. She knows where the tumblers are inside the lock, and furthermore, she knows the sweet spot for all of these things. One would never know her to be so canny from her surface behavior -- by all accounts she should be easily distracted by everything but fun.

Let's see what's in here... -- The more people hide something, the more she wants to see it. Halia always says that the best hidden things are hidden in plain sight. The more guards, doors, and locks there are between her and something means it's probably that much more valuable. As such she's gotten good at taking out the biggest barriers between her and victory. Sure, she might struggle with the smallest, least likely of the guards. She might go mad trying to pick the simple lock to the pantry. But a toned goddess in plate mail? A giant vault door guarding a king's treasure horde? These are the things she excels at surpassing.
((I'm thinking this ability gives Halia a bonus to hit garments with 4 or more durability? Or perhaps gives her a bonus to hit them, period..?)) edit: I meant, alternatively, a damage bonus against garments with high durability.

Last edited by cerindclvr on Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
cerindclvr
cerindclvr
Admin

Back to top Go down

Halia, Arcane Trickster Empty Re: Halia, Arcane Trickster

Post by Big Mara Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:10 pm

I really like the sound of her. I'm looking forward to seeing her in action.

Big Mara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantompen Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:54 pm

I'm in agreement with Big Mara here. Any thoughts on who she'll be fighting first?

Phantompen
Admin

https://enferiaadventures.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cerindclvr Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:29 pm

Thanks! She only got to fight once in the Enferia Chronicles but it gave me plenty to work with abilities wise.

Who should she fight? I dunno. I was worried we had too many chipper, petite rogues, or smoldering, sexy sorceresses.

We should have a big fight between the cute rogues and the sexy mages. Excepting that typically one should pair her with someone dark and serious, unless we want all that cute in one arena.
cerindclvr
cerindclvr
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantompen Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:31 pm

A mages vs rogues fight could certainly be interesting, yeah. As for rogues, well, Velatha's personality isn't necessarily chipper or cute, so there is that to consider.

*shrug* It's truly up to you. I look forward to it in any case.

Phantompen
Admin

https://enferiaadventures.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Myds6 Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:20 pm

Niniane wouldn't mind a go against her. Up to you, but definitely available.
Myds6
Myds6

http://myds6.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by westley24 Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:49 am

I really do like the idea of a rogue vs. mage fight. I certainly wouldn't mind participating.

westley24

Back to top Go down

Post by Myds6 Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:16 am

Not sure if I got her right...I'm partial to version 2. please feel free to share input, though:

Version 1
Halia, Arcane Trickster Halia_version_1_by_myds6-d7rvetp

Version 2
Halia, Arcane Trickster Halia_version_2_by_myds6-d7rvf2j

Outfit
Halia, Arcane Trickster Halia_outfit__by_myds6-d7rvf88
Myds6
Myds6

Back to top Go down

Post by Myds6 Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:26 am

On second thought, I Made the elf ears more prominent, didn't redo the images though.
Myds6
Myds6

Back to top Go down

Post by cerindclvr Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:14 am

Adorable, I love it. I pictured the pigtails a little short like version one, but both are excellent. She, like Ash, has a youthful look. I think you captured it pretty well, there. Just picture big innocent eyes like an anime character!
cerindclvr
cerindclvr
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myds6 Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:24 am

OK, I will go with Version 1, it's just a hair switch. I was worried the pigtails weren't long enough. I'm just making characters tonight...the adventure in-progress is awaiting the return of phantom.
Myds6
Myds6

Back to top Go down

Post by cerindclvr Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:30 am

Cool. I'll be posting my adventure sign up soon, possibly later tonight, so stay tuned. I hope to get phantom back in on things as well when his hiatus ends, but that doesn't mean we can't get some things going in the meantime. Heck, if I get a long adventure started phantom can certainly get in mid way.
cerindclvr
cerindclvr
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myds6 Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:11 am

Halia, Arcane Trickster Halia_new_by_myds6-d7rvslh

A somewhat better Halia with bigger eyes, short hair.
Myds6
Myds6

Back to top Go down

Post by cerindclvr Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:12 am

Phenomenal. The eyes are nice and half-elven. The hair is perfect. The clothing is spot on. She is adorable.  *claps heartily*
cerindclvr
cerindclvr
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cerindclvr Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:58 pm

Stats update:

Strength: 3
Dexterity: 10
Constitution: 5
Speed: 10

Wisdom: 4