Enferia Adventures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jamie's table

4 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Jamie's table Empty Jamie's table

Post by Big Mara Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:23 pm

Even intrepid fortune-seekers need a place to unwind after grand adventures and intense fights in the arena, and the Ripped Bodice was just the place. It may not have been the most reputable establishment, but if the occasional hand on your ass doesn't dissuade you, and if you keep one eye on your coin purse at all times, a girl can find a warm, friendly atmosphere among the city's vagabonds and ne'er-do-wells.

For her part, Jamie Roy had developed a soft spot for the place during her short stay in the Enferian capital. Her first visit had been during her mission to deal with the corrupt guard captain, and curiosity had brought her back there a handful of times since. While her two matches in the arena had granted her the recognition to receive a small discount on drinks, she wasn't yet well-respected enough to avoid all the gropes and pinches on her tight bottom as she passed by a few select tables.

Jamie lounged alone at her small table, near the center of the room. Her auburn hair fell to the bottoms of her small ears, the top mostly covered by her namesake cap. Foregoing her armor during her time off, the Redcap girl was dressed in a thin, lilac-colored tunic and white linen shorts, her small feet covered by simple brown leather shoes. As she sipped her fizzy, orange cocktail, her soft green eyes casually scanned the room, hoping to spot someone she recognized. She was just thinking it might be nice to have someone to chat with.

Big Mara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Jamie's table Empty Re: Jamie's table

Post by Phantompen Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:03 pm

Raine noticed Jamie's entrance, picking out the other girl's signature red cap easily among the crowd of patrons. With smile, the sorceress stood up from her seat at the bar, taking her goblet of wine with her.

"I see you can sit down again. That's good." Raine said, doing her best to sound friendly. "I'd have hated to do any long lasting harm. May I sit?"

Phantompen
Admin

https://enferiaadventures.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Mara Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:24 pm

"Harr harr." Jamie said dryly, her scowl looking more like a small pout, as usual. The redheaded sorceress wouldn't let her forget about their first meeting in the arena, would she? "But what the heck? Sit down, Raine."

Jamie took another sip of her cocktail, adjusting her posture into a more upright position, so as to allow her tablemate some more leg room.

"So, what's up? Been keepin' busy?" Jamie asked, crossing her ankles underneath the table. Despite her minor annoyance, she was thankful to have a familiar face to talk to.

Big Mara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantompen Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:36 pm

Raine took the offered seat graciously. The sorceress wasn't in her adventuring gear today, much like Jamie. Instead, Raine wore a blue tunic with white scrollwork, black trousers, and a black cloak with blue trim. It might have looked a bit on the fancy side, but certainly nothing outlandish.

"I've been keeping busy enough, yeah. Plenty of work for someone with magic, even if a lot of people don't seem to understand what such power actually entails." Raine said, rolling her eyes. "Ignorance is truly bliss to some, I suppose."

The sorceress took a drink from her goblet, fixing Jamie with a curious gaze. "How about you? A woman like you is sure to keep active, right?"

Phantompen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Mara Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:47 pm

"'Course I do. I tried takin' a couple bodyguard jobs since the one we did together, but nobody'd hire me. They said I don't look intimidatin' enough. They wouldn't say that if they'd seen me fight." Jamie recounted sullenly.

"So I've...sorta had to just pick up a couple odd jobs." the Redcap girl admitted, pouting sheepishly. "Our last job paid well enough, but I need somethin' to pay room n' board without dippin' into that, you know?"

Big Mara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantompen Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:54 pm

Raine grimaced slightly. "Oh, I certainly know. People can be cheap, and bills aren't."

The sorceress took another drink, sitting quietly for a moment. "There's still work to be found. Not glamorous, nothing that'll get you renown or a reputation, but work."

Phantompen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Mara Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:08 pm

Jamie nodded, taking another, longer swig of her cocktail.

"Nothin' I can do about it. An'...I figure it's just dancin', right? I'm not always proud of it, sure, but it's no big deal." the Redcap girl said softly, sounding very much like she was trying to justify it to herself. While she was clearly trying to sound nonchalant, she was keeping her voice quiet enough that Raine was likely the only one who would hear her.

Big Mara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantompen Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:12 pm

Raine tilted her head to one side, clearly curious. "Dancing?" she asked.

"I suppose you're more than dexterous enough to be a dancer, but I wasn't aware of such a skill paying. Are you part of a performance troupe or something?" Raine pressed, clearly wanting some details.

Phantompen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Mara Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:31 pm

"Oh, uh-" Jamie blushed, not having expected to have to explain herself.  Then again, Raine had struck her as slightly naive.

"Well, not exactly.  I used to be part of a performance troupe, before I came here to Enferia.  That's where I learned how to dance, you know." the Redcap girl explained, clearly beating around the bush.

"This job's a little different.  I'm workin' at, err...Diamond Damsels, by the docks." Jamie mumbled, her cheeks flushing a bit more brightly.  "I put on- I mean, the girls there put on frilly little petticoats and flip 'em up while they're on stage.  Lads an' ladies come to watch, and near the end of the show, we take the petticoats off."

Jamie finished the last dregs of her cocktail, then immediately ordered another.  For the moment, however, she was drinkless.  For the life of her, she had no idea why she hadn't just told Raine that she was still with a performance troupe, but there wasn't much she could do about it now.

Last edited by Big Mara on Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Big Mara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantompen Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:37 pm

Raine's cheeks reddened as Jamie explained herself. She certainly hadn't been expecting to hear that.

"O-oh. I... I see. Wow. Uh..." the sorceress began, trying to find the words. "That's, well... That's a pretty brave thing to do. I don't think I could bring myself to do it, at least. And these petticoats, er, what do you wear underneath them?"

Raine finished her goblet, ordering another as Jamie did the same for her drink. She'd always liked wine, and Jamie's little story was only making her feel like she needed a drink even more. The Redcap was intriguing. Nothing like Raine at all, and yet that just made the spellcaster all the more curious.

Phantompen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Mara Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:49 pm

Jamie crossed her arms shyly against her modest chest. Raine really was naive. In a way, that made explaining things easier, she supposed.

Or at least it would have, if Jamie could have faked a voice of impartial experience, rather than blushing like a schoolgirl right along with her. Still, the fact that Raine had called her brave did replenish a little bit of her confidence.

"Well, Diamond Damsels tries to be a classier place, so I gotta wear somthin' classy. That's what they told me. But I didn't have anythin' like that, so I went and bought, err, a few sets of lacy knickers. The kind that's more lace than cotton, if ya get me." Jamie mumbled, blushing across the freckles that dotted along the bridge of her nose.

"I wear those underneath the petticoats, so for the end of the show, that's what I'm dancin' in. The crowd likes it, o' course, and the pay's good. It's just...kinda embarrassin'..."

Big Mara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantompen Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:55 pm

Raine blushed right along with Jamie. When her new drink arrived, she quickly took a drink before finally replying.

"Well, it could certainly be worse, right? At least you're not dancing naked or something. I've heard of places that do that, you know. Can't even begin to imagine how mortifying that must be." Raine said.

"I suppose I'm lucky to have magic. I just get offers to perform simple tricks for parties. No taking my clothes off or anything. Although, there was that one time..." Raine began, trailing off as her blush grew deeper.

Phantompen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Mara Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:03 pm

Jamie's drink arrived with goblet of wine, but hers was left untouched at first. The Redcap girl shuffled her feet underneath the table as Raine mentioned dancing naked in front of a crowd. That particular worry had, of course, crossed her mind, but she decided to keep that part private.

"Yeah, dancin' in nothin' but my knickers is mortifyin' enough." Jamie agreed, painfully aware of how little the conversation was doing to help improve her reputation as an intimidating, impressive adventurer.

And then Raine said something that hinted at a chance to at least shift the topic away from her own embarrassing situation.

"Oh? 'That one time'...?" Jamie grinned teasingly, despite her blush still sticking around. "Sounds like a story if I ever heard one. Start talkin', Raine."

Big Mara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantompen Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:07 pm

Raine sighed, taking a deeper gulp of her drink. "Oh, where to begin. It's a rather short story, thankfully."

"So, like I said, I've been getting odd jobs thanks to my magic mostly. This wasn't a job like that. No, this woman said she was an artist, and that I would be the perfect model for her next painting. She offered a decent sum of money, and the idea of being in a real work of art, well... I accepted gladly."

The blush returned to Raine's face at this point. "So, I go to her home, where the painting was supposed to be done. She lets me in, and, well... she's not wearing anything! Even crazier, she tells me to undress too! She wanted to paint me naked, can you believe the audacity?!"

Phantompen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Mara Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:14 pm

Jamie's grin remained as Raine's story drew to a flustered close, taking a long sip of her cocktail before answering. She was enjoying watching the redheaded mage work herself up, after all.

"Might wanna keep it down, Raine. You're bein' a little louder than I think you wanna be." the Redcap snickered, seeing her chance to have some fun teasing her companion. She was a creature of mischief, after all.

"But yeah, I'd have been embarrassed, too. Don't you think it's flatterin', though? Somebody wantin' to see you naked, not 'cause they wanna take you to bed, but 'cause they think you're cute? Hell, I'd take a job like that." Jamie shrugged, eyes twinkling teasingly. It was nice being on the giving end of embarrassment, she had to admit, and she had a feeling Raine would be good for that.

Big Mara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by westley24 Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:23 pm

"Bonjour, mon dames. Jamie, I saw your hat from across the room. I hope I'm not interrupting," interjected a jovial Ms. Lavoisier. Jacqueline was at the tavern more because she had nothing better to do than anything else, so she was just dressed in her street clothes.

westley24

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantompen Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:30 pm

"W-well if that's the case, I could tell her all about you. Bet you're not so confident once you're actually put on the spot." Raine countered, though her flustered tone and expression took some of the force out of her words.

Hearing the strange new voice and odd language, Raine looked to see who had shown up. "Oh, er, hello there. You know Jamie?"

Phantompen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by westley24 Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:34 pm

"Yes, we've adventured together before. You look somewhat familiar; have we met?" inquired the thief of the sorceress.

westley24

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantompen Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:36 pm

Raine shook her head. "No, I don't think so. I've fought in the Arena. Perhaps you saw me there?"

Phantompen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Mara Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:38 pm

"Oh, so you think I've got what it takes, then?  Right kind of ya, Raine." Jamie giggled at the mage's flustered expression.

As Jacqueline arrived, Jamie smiled cheerily at her previous ally.  It looked as though her table might gain a third.

"Ah, good to see ya again, Jacqueline.  Like she said, me and her worked on another job just a couple days ago." the Redcap girl explained, taking another gulp of her second fizzy cocktail.  "Jacqueline, Raine.  Me an' her worked together once before.  She's not half bad as a mage, I don't mind sayin'.  And Jacqueline's got herself a bit of a reputation for bein' good at sneakin' around."

Big Mara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by westley24 Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:43 pm

"Well, it's not hard to earn a living when you're good at something people need." Jacqueline somewhat modestly replied. A waiter came by and Jacqueline ordered a water.

westley24

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantompen Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:47 pm

"I appreciate the compliment, such as it was, Jamie." Raine said. "So, Jacqueline, what brings you here?"

Raine studied the other woman closely. Jamie said she was good at sneaking around, and Raine was inclined to believe it. The other woman seemed built to go unnoticed, at least for the most part. Aside from her decidedly large chest, this Jacqueline had the body of a scout. Perfect for moving quickly and without detection.

Phantompen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by westley24 Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:55 pm

"I was just in the neighborhood and thought that some conversation might be nice. Any one got any embarrassing stories?" Jacqueline knew that other people were probably unwilling to talk about things like that, but she saw that Jamie and Raine were drinking and counted on them being drunk to reveal the dirt. The long-term goal of this endeavor was to build up and\ information network akin to what Veletha must have had.

westley24

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantompen Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:59 pm

Raine might have been drinking, but she certainly hadn't had enough to get her spilling any personal information. Not yet, at least.

"All I've got are my first Arena battle and the time Jamie and I took care of that corrupt guard captain. Nothing more than that, I'm afraid. How about yourself?" Raine asked, her voice sweet enough for her purpose.

Phantompen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by westley24 Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:20 pm

So, Jacqueline's plan didn't work. Maybe if they had been closer friends. That gave her an idea: forge a personal bond, maybe via a few stories of her own.

"Being a thief is a pretty risky job. Not all jobs always go smoothly, and people aren't very happy when they learn that they're being robbed. One time, I was robbing a guy with another thief I'd sometimes team up with. She was a nice girl and we were fairly good friends. The guy we were robbing was a pretty important crime lord, and when his guards found us, he ... well, he had us stripped. I wish it had ended there. Next, well, I'm not so sure I want to get into it." The thief was already blushing pretty hard by the time she got to the end of her story.

westley24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum