Enferia Adventures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Challenge Fight! Queensguard vs. ?

3 posters

Go down

Challenge Fight! Queensguard vs. ? Empty Challenge Fight! Queensguard vs. ?

Post by Phantompen Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:38 pm

The Arena was abuzz with activity today, with every seat filled and more than a few people standing or sneaking in for lack of any other option. The news had been that circulating that today's fight was going to be a special treat, and such a thing was rarely passed up by the populace. When Queen Syndra organized a special match, it was guaranteed to be memorable.

"Ladies and gentlemen, are you all ready for a monumental fight?!" Aloysius cried, amping up the audience. "I hope you are, because today marks a brand new ceremony for some of our nation's most illustrious figures!"

At this, Queen Syndra stood up from her seat in the royal viewing pavilion, silencing the crowd with this simple action alone. The Queen's voice carried powerfully, amplified either by magic or her sheer force of presence. No matter the machination behind her powerful voice, all listened.

"My personal guard, the elite Queensguard, are an illustrious group. To be admitted into their ranks is arguably the highest honor in all of Enferia. I select only the best of the best to protect me, to follow me where no others may, to attend to me in any and all things. Today, we welcome two new members to this esteemed company!" Syndra declared to the enraptured crowd. "To mark the occasion, they will show their skill in the Arena!"

The crowd went wild. The Queensguard were indeed an elite group, selected for their beauty just as much as their skill. Their armor, while revealing, was rumored to be enchanted with protective magics by Queen Syndra herself, and all carried reputations as dangerous fighters.

The two women that strode into the Arena at the end of Queen Syndra's speech left little doubt that they were prime candidates for the job. The two were almost mirror images of each other, their stunning bodies and faces identical in shape and tone, their only distinguishing differences being their hair and eyes.

"Ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you The Twin Fangs, Alicia and Catherine!" Aloysius boomed as Syndra took her seat once more.

The twin with hair as white as the moon and eyes of gold stepped forward, hefting her greatsword high with a single hand. "Alicia, an unstoppable juggernaut of strength!"

The second twin, her hair as black as the void and with eyes the shone like polished sapphires, stepped up to her sister, drawing her dual long daggers in a single deft motion. "Catherine, quick as lightning and twice as deadly!"

"As for their opponents? Well, while they signed up for a fight, they weren't exactly told they'd be facing such dangerous foes, or that it would be a team of them against the duo! Hopefully they can work together despite the surprise!" Aloysius cheekily said. "Whoever loses, we all win!"

The gates across the arena floor from the twins slid open, and the confused and surprised fighters stepped onto the sands, faced with their dangerous opponents.

((So, this is going to be an interesting fight, I think. I want to test the idea of this Queensguard theme, and decided to go with these two as a single fight before working on other members. This'll probably be a nasty fight, but a winnable one with some smart thinking and luck. I'll wait for at least a couple people to sign up for the fight before putting things into motion.))

Alicia:
Str- 10!
Dex- ??
Int- ??

Catherine:
Str- ??
Dex- 10!
Int- ??

Phantompen
Admin

https://enferiaadventures.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Challenge Fight! Queensguard vs. ? Empty Re: Challenge Fight! Queensguard vs. ?

Post by Myds6 Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:46 am

Myds6
Myds6

http://myds6.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by westley24 Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:52 am

I'm sure that Alison would think of this as a good opportunity to show her fighting skills off to the world.

westley24

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantompen Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:09 pm

Okay, so, after letting this sit and gather dust for far too long, I'm going to try getting this fight back underway. Also, I'm thinking of trying out a new combat system that might streamline things a bit more, quicken the fights and such. Would that sound good to you guys?

Phantompen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by westley24 Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:44 am

I'd be willing to try a new combat system, but I definitely think that this fight has been put off for too long.

westley24

Back to top Go down

Post by Myds6 Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:03 am

Streamlined is good for me.
Myds6
Myds6

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantompen Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:22 pm

Very good then. I'll wait to see if Big Mara wants to try out his new character in this fight. If not, I'll go ahead and get things started in a bit.

Phantompen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantompen Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:51 pm

((Alright, I think it's been an acceptable waiting period. Let's go ahead and get this show on the road, shall we?))

"Behold, our first challenger, Irlana the Magnificent!" Aloysius cried, amping up the crowd.

Catherine, however, simply snorted. "Magnificent, huh? We'll see how magnificent she is when she's naked and doing our bidding."

"Next up, we have Alison, a freelancer of unknown background!" the announcer declared as the fighter stepped onto the sands.

"Freelancers? This is the best they can throw at us?" Alicia asked. "What a joke."

The crowd couldn't hear the Queensguard's comments over their own cheering, but it was audible enough down on the arena floor. What the challengers thought of the taunts was, of course, their own to know.

"Now, without further ado, let this treat of a fight BEGIN!"

Initiative Roll:
Alicia & Catherine: 8
Irlana: 6+0=6
Alison: 10+0=10! (I think, since Alison managed a natural 10 on her initiative roll, her opponent will get a defense penalty for this first attack.)

((Now, as for the new idea with combat: Rather than every piece of equipment having a health level, the outfit as a whole is damaged in attacks. Heavy Armor characters will take 6 hits to fully disrobe, Medium Armor will take 4, and Light Armor will take a mere 3. The undergarments a character wears can survive one attack, perhaps, unless you guys think it should just be rolled into the health already proposed. That seem fair enough to you?))

Phantompen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myds6 Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:41 am

(Seems fair...I don't want to go out of turn, but a little narrative to keep the ball rolling)

Irlana strode toward the center of the arena confidently, sizing up her opponents. She looked down at her lavish but tight-fitting purple dress with her accustomed scandalous slit down to her navel, and marveled at how many of these she had been through since coming to Enferia. "It's a good thing I travel with the specifications for having them made," she thought silently, before bringing herself back to the task at hand, "what's this, common bodyguards? Well, perhaps not common. Still, this should be over quickly." Viewers accustomed to watching her magic would notice a slight blue aura around her as she moved toward Catherine.
Myds6
Myds6

Back to top Go down

Post by westley24 Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:21 am

((It seems that your proposed system favors heavy armor over anything else. Unless, of course, clothing worn underneath the armor is not counted in those numbers? Not that Alison has any complaints about this.))

Alison walked into the arena, the shine of sunlight off of her silver armor enough to make some look away. Hopefully enough to distract her opponents. That's one thing about armor most people overlook: its reflective properties. It's actually really helpful.

Alicia's comments certainly drew anger from Alison, but the strong bodyguard had already taken Alison's attention. She knew that she wouldn't be able to hit Catherine very easily.

Then again, hitting Alicia probably wouldn't be a walk in the park, either. So, Alison drew her sword, took it apart, and really focused on her attack.

(Activate Offensive Tactics, then attack Alicia's armor; I'm not certain whether or not the bodyguard armor is heavy enough to trigger Alison's ability.)

westley24

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantompen Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:40 pm

((Terribly sorry about the wait, everyone. Just... things came up. Long story. Happens too often, I know. Also, despite its revealing nature, the Queensguard armor would still certainly qualify as heavy plate.))

Attack Roll:
Alison: 4+5=9
Alicia: 2+5-2(critical initiative)=5
Success!

While Alicia was renowned for her strength and surprising agility, she was still caught off guard by her opponent's attack. Raising her greatsword in a defensive stance, she should have been fine. When the sun caught Alison's armor, however, a blinding glare found its way to the Queensguard's eyes. Blinded, Alicia left herself wide open for an attack.

Alison's blade danced across Alicia's torso, slicing harmlessly across her belly thanks to the arena's magics while savaging the belt and a pauldron fastening of her armor. The leather belt and metal pauldron dropped to the sand in a heap.

"And the first strike goes to Alison! Not a promising start for Her Majesty's elite!" Aloysius declared. "Can the twin beauties avenge this shameful start?"

"Easily." Alicia hissed. With surprising grace, the powerful knight spun around Alison, her greatsword dancing in her hand.

Attack roll:
Alicia: 9+5=14
Alison: 10+2-2=10
Critical Defense!

Alicia swung her massive blade down in a savage strike, but her steel bit nothing but sand. Alison had deftly stepped aside, leaving Alicia with nothing to show for her fancy maneuver. Meanwhile, Catherine set her sights on Irlana.

"While my sweet sister takes care of your friend, what do you say we have a dance of our own?" the woman taunted, twirling her twin blades in her hands and sprinting forward.

Attack roll:
Catherine: 5+5=10
Irlana: 5+0=5
Success!

Catherine rolled before reaching Irlana, coming to a stop behind the spellcaster, though her blades were busy before she reached her destination. A myriad of slashes and cuts erupted across Irlana's gown, showing off bits of flesh here and there, though not causing any major destruction... yet.

"I do so love unraveling a gown."

Current Stats:
Alison: 6
Alicia: 5
Catherine: 6
Irlana: 2
Once health hits 0, underclothing will be listed, so think about what your character would reasonably have under their equipment.

Phantompen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myds6 Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:03 am

Irlana looked down, in shock, glad to see that the holes in her dress hadn't yet revealed her full-cut, lacy, white panties and bra. She had used her magic to pump up her strength, and it's fair to say that if an adrenaline surge could make one stronger, it had in this case. She took a hold of the edge of Catherine's chausses ((or whatever you want to call her armor bottoms here)), and attempted to lift and throw the guardswoman by them, keeping a hold of them if possible.

(Str. 8 attack on Catherine)
Myds6
Myds6

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantompen Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:10 am

Attack roll:
Irlana: 3+4(+1 for adrenaline)=7
Catherine: 1+?= Critical failure!
(Since Catherine rolled a 1, it was shown on the calculation here. Otherwise, to keep her Str bonus unknown, the die result will be hidden as well.)

Catherine moved to evade Irlana's grapple, but proved just a moment too slow. The mage took a firm grip of the plated skirt around Catherine's waist, lifted, and bodily threw the woman like a sack of flour. The sound of snapping buckles sang out across the arena, and the viewing sphere gave the crowd a full view of Catherine's departure from her plate mail.

Landing roughly on the sands, Catherine quickly bounced back to her feet, giving herself a quick look over. Upon seeing her skirt gone, and only the light chainmail loincloth that remained, the guard's cheeks reddened. Fixing Irlana with a poisonous glare, she growled "You'll regret that, girl."

Current Stats (Relevant characters):
Irlana: 2
Catherine: 4 (2 points lost due to critical failure)

Phantompen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by westley24 Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:48 pm

Pleased to see that she was the only one with undamaged clothing, Alison hoped her luck would continue.

Little had changed since her last attack, so there was little reason to change anything. Alison again attacked Alicia's armor, too focused for witty banter.

(Attack on Alicia's armor, Str 7.)

westley24

Back to top Go down

Post by Myds6 Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:09 pm

(Again, not my turn, but just trying to get things moving)

Irlana smiled at Catherine's threat, and charged toward her again, attempting the same tactic to remove the rest of her armor.
Myds6
Myds6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down