Enferia Adventures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freeform Adventure Planning

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Freeform Adventure Planning Empty Freeform Adventure Planning

Post by Big Mara Mon May 25, 2015 9:57 pm

Alright, so, for those who may or may not have read the thread where Phantompen and I briefly discussed this, I'm planning on running a more freeform adventure here. By "freeform", I mean without the use of rolls or stats. Basically, everyone makes characters, and we don't worry so much about "balance", so much as what would make for a good story. Characters don't necessarily need to be equal in strength, so long as we're able to get a good party dynamic.

My hope is that this will work out well enough that we could go for a somewhat longer campaign, rather than just a set of one-shot missions. The lack of required rolls should, in theory, make things move much quicker than before, so that should be possible.

As for the setting itself, I have a few general ideas, but I'd first like to hear what sort of characters anyone who's interested would like to play. The setting ideas I have in mind should work, regardless, but I'd like to have a better idea of who the characters will actually be, so that we have a reason ahead of time for why they'd be travelling together.

I'm thinking of an Eastern setting, sort of like fantasy feudal Japan. The character I'm planning on using for this is a kitsune, so this would be her country of origin, but your characters definitely do not need to come from there. In fact, having at least one newcomer to the land would make for some nice plot hooks. Wink

So, yeah. This thread's purpose is to let anyone interested write up a character sheet for who they would like to play, in whichever format you'd like. Probably something similar to the arena sheets, albeit without the need for stats, and a significantly more lax power ceiling. Come up with characters you want to play, without worrying about them being too powerful or too strange. If problems arise, we can work them out as we go.

The other purpose of this thread is for some suggestions and requests for the campaign itself. What would you guys like to see? If you have suggestions for another setting or anything like that, I'm totally open to discussion. Fantasy-Japan is sort of a placeholder setting for now, so if you guys would prefer something else, or even something more modern or futuristic, I'm open to those, as well. Just let me know.

On a side note, if there are any specific fetishes or sexual content you guys would like to have come up, PM me. I'm not promising anything, since there are certain things I'm just not comfortable roleplaying, but our past RPing seems to indicate that our general boundaries are fairly similar, so I don't see that being a problem. Either way, PM me and I'll try and include them. I'd like this to be something we can all enjoy. Wink

So, with that said, post away, guys! Tell me what you think. Smile

Big Mara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Freeform Adventure Planning Empty Re: Freeform Adventure Planning

Post by Myds6 Tue May 26, 2015 1:45 am

I'd like to volunteer either Niniane or Irlana for this.  I'll leave it up to you.  Irlana, as a travelling wizard, has a better excuse for being there; on the other hand, she'd probably handle foreign customs with more aplomb than Niniane, which might be a little less humorous.  

As for things beyond the typical scope of enferia I'd like to see...a little food, mud, ectoplasm, or other "not too disgusting" mess winding up on the characters once in a while, some spanking or otherwise warmed buns, and some rivalry banter, in that order of priority.  Very Happy I think I'm pretty easy to figure out since you've seen some of my OCC writing.
Myds6
Myds6

http://myds6.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Mara Tue May 26, 2015 4:37 pm

I'd rather you pick the character you would rather play. I'd be perfectly alright with either of them.

Big Mara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Mara Tue May 26, 2015 10:30 pm

Anyway, my general idea for a story setup is that the party is in the company of a young noble - the last of his/her house - and they have just escaped the Enferian continent after said noble house was forced out due to rebellion. The party's ward would have lost their parents in the rebellion, and would now be looking for a place to broker safety while they figure out what to do next: Either try and retake their rightful place back in their home country, or hide out in the East for a while.

The party wouldn't necessarily start out in the noble house's employ (although they certainly could be, should they choose to), but by the time the story begins, any who aren't will likely be approached with an offer to become this young man/lady's bodyguards. He/she will try to be helpful, or at least somewhat shrewd when it comes to politicking, but a lack of experience will lead to some potentially embarrassing situations for them. The party can help, or they can split and do their own thing.

I'd like things to be rather open-ended, so if this plot doesn't sound too exciting, or if it just turns out to not be interesting enough, we can always move to something else. Either way, there'll be plenty of opportunities for all the stuff we're here to see. Wink

What do you guys think?

Big Mara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myds6 Wed May 27, 2015 1:26 am

Sounds good to me. What classes do we need? Now that you've fleshed out how we get to that story location, maybe Miryala the elf is a better choice. I'd consider Jessica, too...I'll make a decision by the time we have someone else on board.
Myds6
Myds6

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Mara Wed May 27, 2015 6:48 am

Well, like I said, we're not going to worry about stats and classes and such, unless you guys would like to. Play who you think would be the most interesting for this. The battles are all going to be strip battles, like usual, but with more of a focus on making them interesting, rather than weighed down by rolls.

On a side note: For the noble, would you guys like for them to be a boy or a girl? I don't mind them being a girl, but I wanted to give the option, in case you guys wanted some variety in character genders. Either way, they'll be around 16, so probably a couple years younger than the rest of the party. They'll be fairly short and slender, so they're not going to be much help in a fight, at least at first. They're going to try and be more diplomatic, for all the good that will do them. Basically, they're probably going to need some help from the characters if they ever want to get really effective at what they do. Wink

Big Mara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myds6 Wed May 27, 2015 3:33 pm

I think Niniane might be hilarious here...and can I suggest the ward be a girl, unless it really bores you... Very Happy
Myds6
Myds6

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Mara Wed May 27, 2015 6:41 pm

Doesn't bore me at all. I'm fine with her being a girl. Wink

Big Mara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Mara Thu May 28, 2015 7:55 am

Since there hasn't been a lot of thread activity lately, I figured I'd share a little more with you guys to hopefully raise interest a bit. Here's your ward's character sheet. Smile

Name: Madelyn Threadbare
Race: Human
Appearance: Madelyn is short and slender, with fair skin and silky chestnut hair. Her hair falls to the base of her neck, but she keeps it held with a few ornate, ivory barrettes. Her usual attire used to consist of elegant dresses and the like, giving her the look of a prodigal lady of her manse; something she took great pride in. Since she was forced to escape to the East, however, she has been forced to sell the last dress she escaped in, and now typically wears short, stylish dresses fitting of the land in which she finds herself. (http://trends4ever.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/short-stylish-chinese-dress-for-beautiful-girls.jpg)

Madelyn is very petite, with small breasts, flared hips, slender legs and a small, round bottom. Her chocolate eyes and charming smile are truly befitting of a lady of her (former) status.

Bio: The Threadbare family were a powerful noble family who once commanded respect in a small city-state just outside Enferia's borders. For reasons Madelyn never fully learned, a sudden rebellion shattered her family's authority, and in a suspiciously scant period of time, she found herself being rushed out of the castle by cover of night, ferried by her trusted retainers onto a trade ship on its way across the sea.

Madelyn now finds herself thrust out of her element and into a strange new land, only somewhat familiar with their customs and with hardly a copper to her name. She has no fighting experience whatsoever, although she did display a small talent for magic before her classes were understandably cut short. She is headstrong and can be stubborn, but not to the point of ignoring good advice when it is staring her in the face. Underneath her proud exterior lies a scared girl who is still trying to make sense of what her life has become.

Will she return to her city and retake her place at its head, or will she resign herself to a new life in the East? And what sort of shame might she have to endure to reach either of those goals? Wink

Big Mara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myds6 Thu May 28, 2015 4:19 pm

Hmmm...how does this look?
Freeform Adventure Planning Madelyn_by_myds6-d8v3tbi
Freeform Adventure Planning Madelyn_2_by_myds6-d8v3tf0
Myds6
Myds6

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Mara Thu May 28, 2015 4:46 pm

Hmm, I pictured her face being a bit thinner. Other than that, she looks good.

Big Mara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myds6 Thu May 28, 2015 6:39 pm

Big Mara wrote:Hmm, I pictured her face being a bit thinner. Other than that, she looks good.

Done!  I didn't put the thinner face one online yet, though.
Making the barrettes was tricky.  I used a pair of cross earrings, removed the vertical part, turned the silver into ivory-tone and kept the filigree bumps.  I already had a dress like that in my collection but the color scheme sucked, so I made a white-on-pink damask and added a 3d bump texture to make it pop a little.
Myds6
Myds6

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantompen Thu May 28, 2015 7:14 pm

Sorry for being absent. Work got a bit busier lately, but I'm resolved to try and be present once more. I'll gladly take part in this. For me, well... I think Shizune might be a good fit, a native of the area in contrast to the other two?

Phantompen
Admin

https://enferiaadventures.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Myds6 Thu May 28, 2015 7:41 pm

I was hoping you'd say that.
Myds6
Myds6

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Mara Thu May 28, 2015 8:34 pm

Awesome. Glad to see you're on board, Phantom. Very Happy

And yeah, Shizune sounds good. What do you guys say to starting this off tomorrow afternoon?

Big Mara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantompen Thu May 28, 2015 8:35 pm

I'll be a bit late, but I can post tomorrow evening no problem.

Phantompen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Mara Thu May 28, 2015 8:36 pm

Perfect. Sounds like a plan.

Big Mara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myds6 Fri May 29, 2015 2:58 am

Sure, sounds good to me. I think I'll bring Niniane. An unconventional choice for a bodyguard, but she had a reputation around the inn, and the arena.
Myds6
Myds6

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Mara Sat May 30, 2015 3:12 am

Update: I'm sick and just woke up after an unexpected nine-hour sleep. Going back to bed now. I'll post tomorrow afternoon/evening. Sorry for the delay, guys.

Big Mara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myds6 Sat May 30, 2015 3:32 am

Feel better soon!
Myds6
Myds6

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Mara Sun May 31, 2015 9:43 am

Alright, I'm feeling better. I'm going to be heading to work in an hour or so, but I wanted to quickly ask you guys a question:

How would you guys like the campaign to start out? I confess that I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out how to start this whole thing, since it's so different from what we usually do. Do you guys have any suggestions, or would you prefer we stick with what we normally do and put the campaign on hold for now? I'm alright with either, but mostly I'd just like to do something.

Maybe we could do an arena battle in the meantime, or something?

Big Mara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantompen Sun May 31, 2015 6:33 pm

Well, an idea that occurs to me, at least, is that it could start with the exiled noble seeking asylum with some kind of lord in the eastern land. Could set the stage for having to do some kind of task to earn protection, or some other kind of intrigue could go down. Or it could simply work as a starting platform and branch off from there.

Phantompen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Mara Sun May 31, 2015 9:46 pm

That could work, yeah. I'll try and come up with some more details, but in the meantime, would you be up for an arena match to pass the time?

Big Mara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantompen Sun May 31, 2015 10:06 pm

I'd be down for one, sure.

Phantompen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Mara Sun May 31, 2015 10:20 pm

Awesome. I'll write up a character sheet for the lady I'll be using tomorrow, then we can get things underway when you're ready.

Big Mara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next