Rosa, the Buccaneer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rosa, the Buccaneer

Post by TeratonArm on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:46 pm

Name: Rosa "Rosie" Valdez

Race: Human

Face: Sharp green eyes under strong eyebrows, and a sharp nose over thinly curved, red lips.

Hair: Long and black, tied in a ponytail reaching down to between her shoulders.

Body type: 5'7", and slender, with a decent sized bust and flared hips. She's got a fair bit of muscle tone under brown skin.

She wears silky blouse, loose so that she can maneuver in it but tucked into her pants for security, with a small undershirt and lacy bra underneath it. Below she wears black pants, and matching underwear. She wears gloves, boots, and has two piercings: one gold ring visible on her right ear, and the other a more private metal stud on her left nipple. Probably her most identifiable feature, at least when shes starts to get undressed, is a tattoo of a sea serpent down her right side, starting just under her breast on her side and ending coiled around her ankle.

Bio: Rosa has spent a long time out on the high seas, and is currently trying to set out on her own. She's looking for capable cohorts to join her as she crosses the adventure-filled ocean... but it'd help if her standards weren't so high... or if she had her own ship.

She fights with a long, flat saber that the keeps in a sheath at her belt.

Traits/Skills/Special Abilities:

Sea Legs: Rosa has had a lifetime to hone her sense of balance on rocking ships and crashing waves, and is capable of dodging and jumping in all sorts of directions in all sorts of ways. It's also honed her reflexes; when the floor can suddenly slope itself a different direction, you need to be able to see it coming or wind up on your ass or in the drink.

Thief and Con: Quick with her fingers and quick with her words, she can play mind games, pickpocket, misdirect and redirect all sorts of attacks and unwanted interactions. Of course, she's also pretty greedy, and something of a show off, so this can get her in trouble as well.

Tales of the High Seas: Rosa has seen or at least heard off all sorts of strange people, places and things, and is always looking for more. If they turn out to be real, then they're adventures waiting to happen. If not, they make for fun stories. If she decides to make a few stories up, that's just fine too!

((Mostly wanted to make a third character to round out a trio of Fighter-Thief-Mage with my other two characters. Noticeably not as extensive as the other two sheets, but what can you do.))

Edit: Adding stats for splotch's system

Physical Stats:

Strength-3
Dexterity-10
Constitution-6
Speed-10

Mental Stats:

Wisdom-7
Intelligence-4
Perception-7
Charisma-7

Last edited by TeratonArm on Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:59 pm; edited 2 times in total

TeratonArm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rosa, the Buccaneer

Post by Myds6 on Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:11 pm

I might make this one up sometime, too...pirates are something I have plenty of tools and experience working with.
Myds6

View user profile http://myds6.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Myds6 on Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:31 pm

I see she'll be joining us on the high seas.  I'll get on this as soon as I have a free moment.  It's the tat that will be tricky, everything else should be simple.

Note: Wow, doing the tattoo is causing me to push my art forward...learning some cool new stuff, although I had to buy a 3d painter program. I should be able to use that for lots of stuff now.
Myds6

Back to top Go down

Post by Myds6 on Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:30 am

OK...the first one is mainly to show what my renders are like when I take the time to do them properly, but most of the time, I won't be doing that. I'd never do any if I let the computer do so many calculations. So, for the second and third image, back to my usual cheesy universal lighting rather than carefully-placed sunlight. It's about a million times faster, and you lose too much detail to shadows when you use "proper" lighting settings, anyway.

Her tattoo exists as well. I didn't turn out quite as good as I wanted it to, but I spent several hours learning how to make something wrap around several body parts, and that could come in handy. It's supposed to be a black line drawing, but it seemed to fill itself in with white when it hit the 3d figure's skin. So It's a long, black and white sea-serpent.
Myds6

Back to top Go down

Post by Myds6 on Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:44 am

As has been happening so often lately, gloves were added, but they didn't make it into this round of pics.
Myds6

Back to top Go down

Post by TeratonArm on Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:21 pm

She looks good! I suppose I'll wait to see what the tattoo looks like, but no matter how it comes out I'm sure we'll have a good time getting to the point where we can see it. Thanks a bunch!

TeratonArm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Myds6 on Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:45 pm

I was going to post the tatt, but I seem to have been pursuing a policy so far of keeping the characters' clothes on until the plot reveals them. The design is a bit medieval looking.
Myds6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top