Enferia Adventures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Annie the Arcanopath

3 posters

Go down

Annie the Arcanopath Empty Annie the Arcanopath

Post by Big Mara Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:05 am

(Man, it's been a while, hasn't it? Some real life stuff came up, which resulted in me losing a lot of my free time and getting pretty burned-out. Fortunately, that's been resolved, so while I'm still a lot busier than I was before, I should still have time for some adventures and arena matches.)

Name: Annie Everest

Race: Human

Face: Large, curious dark-brown eyes, small snub nose, thin, softly-pouted lips, and lightly-tanned skin.

Hair: Mousy brown, down to her shoulders. Meant to be straight, but is usually just a little bit mussed.

Body Type: Skinny and short. Annie has a slight tone to her muscles, but she is still quite small and petite. She stands at just 5'2", with perky B-cup breasts and flared hips, a small, soft ass and slim waist. Her legs are similarly quite slim, and end in small feet. Her delicate lower lips are covered by a patch of fine, dark hair, which she keeps groomed in order to keep the Enferian equivalent of a bikini line, but otherwise just keeps it short.

Bio: Annie came to Enferia in search of one thing: Adventure. An explorer by nature and upbringing, she seeks new experiences and discoveries everywhere she travels, hoping to make a name for herself as a renowned adventurer. She was originally traveling with her mother and two sisters, but when their party reached Enferia, Annie announced that she should like some time alone to explore for herself. Delighted that her youngest was showing such gusto, her mother agreed immediately.

In addition to being agile and quick-thinking, Annie has also shown a knack for inventions and the appropriation of ancient devices for her own uses. Over the course of her travels, she has created many useful and strange gadgets, but the one she is most proud of is her Golem-Arm Pack. While it looks like a typical backpack, it actually houses five extendable, flexible, and very powerful, arms made from some concoction of metal and magic. This is her primary method of offense and defense, as the arms can also provide a quick escape for her.

Stats:

Strength: 5
Dexterity: 6
Intelligence: 8

Traits/Skills/Special Abilities:

Arcanical Know-How: Annie has a keen eye for details, particularly when it comes to devices or equipment. As such, she is quite good at spotting any sort of structural weakness. When rolling to attack, add 1 to the result of the roll.

Golem-Arm Pack: The pack is her primary method of attack and defense. She can deploy or retract the arms freely, and they act as she directs them...most of the time. The fact that she can deploy up to four of the arms on offense at once (the fifth "arm" being purely for stability, should she need it) means that she is granted the Flurry of Blows special ability, despite her primary attribute being intelligence. On the downside, however, the arms do not always do as she directs, and powerful magic sometimes causes them to do unpredictable things. She's still working out the kinks, after all.

Arcano-Pulse Glove: Annie's all-in-one tool for fixing or examining the arcane. In moments of dire need, however, she can also use it to deliver a powerful shock to an opponent. The unfortunate opponent will find themselves briefly stunned, and whichever article of clothing Annie grabs onto will likely suffer some burns.

Big Mara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Annie the Arcanopath Empty Re: Annie the Arcanopath

Post by Myds6 Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:23 pm

Welcome back, we missed you. Just a question for all our visualizations as well as images. Is the arm-pack a standalone creature, a bad, a garment? what does it look like? Robot arms, statue arms?
Myds6
Myds6

http://myds6.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Mara Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:06 pm

Thanks, Myds. Glad to see you again, too. Anyway, the arm-pack is technically something she wears, but since it's more of a weapon than a garment, I was thinking it wouldn't count as something that would stop her from losing. As for what it looks like, I've been imagining the arms as looking robotic. Probably something like the Dwemer stuff from The Elder Scrolls, if you're familiar with them.

Big Mara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myds6 Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:38 pm

Yes...If I get around to trying to make a visual representation, I'll see what I can do with the "dwarven steampunk" look for it.
Myds6
Myds6

Back to top Go down

Post by cerindclvr Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:50 pm

I love this character, as you know BigMara. Welcome back!

My initial impressions as a GM is that +1 to all attacks might be a bit powerful, since attack rolls are so much a part of everything.

I think there's a lot of fun/sexy potential for mischievous stripping robot arms, though, and can't wait to see her in action, hehe.
cerindclvr
cerindclvr
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myds6 Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:07 am

Hmmm....so far I have 5 "dwemer-looking" robot arms with hands...but they are currently connected by a bunny-shaped backpack made of leather....lol. It looks like I might be able to make it resemble a bunny backpack yet using other means...we'll see.
Myds6
Myds6

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Mara Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:39 am

You might be right about +1 attack being a bit too powerful. If you have any suggestions for replacement abilities, I'm not at all opposed to changing it.

I'm glad you like the character, Cerindclvr. It's always nice to get positive feedback. Wink

Big Mara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myds6 Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:55 am

Here's what I have her looking like so far. Now that I see her, I like her more. I see the fun potential in the equipment. I just thought "make steampunk compatible with medieval fantasy" and here's what I came up with:

Annie the Arcanopath Annie01_by_myds6-d7vd3iq

Annie the Arcanopath Annie03_by_myds6-d7vd3o8

Annie the Arcanopath Annie04_by_myds6-d7vd3py
Myds6
Myds6

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Mara Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:05 am

She looks perfect, Myds.  That's really awesome.  I imagined the golem arms being longer than that, but otherwise that's pretty much spot-on.

Big Mara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myds6 Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:17 am

Thanks! The arm length is an easy adjustment. I just didn't want to make them look too unwieldy while she wasn't really posed in action. Do I understand right that they can retract pretty much all the way back in as well? Plus I should spin that hand that's by her backside the other direction, in case something, um, malfunctions. Actually, that could really come in handy for her, no pun intended.
Myds6
Myds6

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Mara Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:55 am

You're very right about all of that. They can extend, retract, or spin as necessary, particularly in case of malfunctions. Wink

Big Mara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myds6 Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:35 pm

Looking forward to seeing her in action.
Myds6
Myds6

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Mara Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:39 pm

And I'm definitely looking forward to trying her out. Cerindclvr and I are planning on doing an arena match sometime soon, and I'll be using Annie for that.

Big Mara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down