Enferia Adventures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madyson Rowley, the Magic-User

3 posters

Go down

Madyson Rowley, the Magic-User Empty Madyson Rowley, the Magic-User

Post by Myds6 Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:20 am

Name: Madyson Rowley

Race: Human

Class: Magic-User

Face: A round face, with brown eyes. She's certainly no identical twin to her twin sister, but they look like they are related.

Clothes: She managed to invest in one very fashionable set of mage robes. (see below)

Bio: Madyson and her fraternal twin sister, Robyn, were raised in a wealthy merchant family, but found the life working at their mother's business incredibly boring. At the age of 13, their parents were killed by orc bandits, who attacked their caravan. The girls had been left at home, and when they news reached them, after they had finished mourning, they took all their family's remaining assets and liquidated them. They spent everything their family ever owned to enroll in a very expensive school for adventurers, Falconer's Academy for the Advancement of Adventuring.

The sisters had never been quite alike, and it became more obvious at the academy. Madyson took after her father, and followed a more intellectual pursuit. In her case, magic. She excelled from magic from the day she took her first lesson. She was consumed by learning magic, and doing it the way her school thought right. This made her a bit of a nerd in her school, and she was targeted for pranks any time her more athletic sister wasn't nearby to protect her. She couldn't use magic to defend herself; it would have definitely gotten her expelled. So she had to be cautious, expect pranks and attacks, and hope Robyn was nearby, or suffer the consequences.

Madyson graduated at the top of her class, with a major in evocation, and a minor in transmutation. Now that they have graduated, the girls own nothing but their new skills. They have nowhere to live, but hope to earn enough dungeon-delving to purchase a house or rent an apartment. For now, they are taking a room at the ripped bodice, but they can't afford to stay more than a week without earning something. It was Robyn who convinced Madyson that Enferia was where they should move. "There's an arena there, where we can earn lots of money without risking our lives. We can use that money to find a place to live, and buy adventuring supplies," she had explained. Madyson bit her lip, skeptical. "But women are stripped and exposed in that arena! I don't know if this is such a good idea." "Don't worry sis, I'll be right by your side and I have it all figured out!" Robyn replied. "I know," said Madyson, adding under her breath, "that's what worries me."

She carries "Falconer's Academy Guide to Wizarding," a set of notes in the margins also act as her spellbook. She'll often consult the guide on what action she should take. It's still to be seen if it is accurate.

Skills:

Read languages--Madyson is well-versed in plenty of arcane languages

Cantrips--Madyson learned a great deal of the tiny little spells jokesters used to prank people at the school, although she was afraid to prank the other students lest she suffer a beating.

Flaws:

Library potato--Madyson's physical competence didn't develop very far, as she lived mostly in her head. She's much better at books and spells than running away from something, lifting heavy objects, or not tripping.

Rolls: 5,3,5,3,1,1,9,6,10,9
Physical Stats:
Strength-3
Dexterity-5
Constitution-5
Speed-3

Mental Stats:
Wisdom-9
Intelligence-10
Perception-6
Charisma-9

Madyson Rowley, the Magic-User Madyson_01_by_myds6-dazpc4p
Madyson Rowley, the Magic-User Madyson_02_by_myds6-dazpc7m
Madyson Rowley, the Magic-User Madyson_03_by_myds6-dazpcam
Myds6
Myds6

http://myds6.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Madyson Rowley, the Magic-User Empty Re: Madyson Rowley, the Magic-User

Post by splotch Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:07 pm

Ooh, I like her!

splotch

Back to top Go down

Post by Myds6 Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:41 pm

Yeah, these new characters came from my desire to build a face inspired by an actress that I like but isn't as famous as she deserves to be. The sister is based on somebody who is very famous. The character concepts are based on something I draw on a lot "recent adventurer school graduate," but I'm going to lampoon the concept a little more. Also, I wanted to make characters that were a little more D&D in their class specs. How would one actually be a little overly stereotyped like first-edition D&D classes? It could be the result of the majors in school. They have personalities, but part of the roleplaying comes from the idea that they carry textbooks that explains to them how their character class should behave given a situation. Since those books don't really exist, one can occasionally make them give advice that isn't really applicable to their situation. I really want to get these two on an adventure soon, lol.
Myds6
Myds6

Back to top Go down

Post by splotch Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:26 pm

I'm down to start a new adventure.

splotch

Back to top Go down

Post by Myds6 Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:58 pm

I'll think for a while...the inspiration would be a really old-fashioned D&D like adventure. Maybe a bit clichéd on purpose.
Myds6
Myds6

Back to top Go down

Post by Myds6 Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:16 pm

The other inspiration will be this cartoon:

Madyson Rowley, the Magic-User Dungeon

Not in that you will be sad, exactly, but the enemies will have lots of backstory.
Myds6
Myds6

Back to top Go down

Post by cerindclvr Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:39 pm

I like this character a great deal, I think.
cerindclvr
cerindclvr
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down