Enferia Adventures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Gauntlet *trial run*

4 posters

Go down

The Gauntlet *trial run* Empty The Gauntlet *trial run*

Post by Krucible Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:42 pm

(I have decided to make an attempt at a new type of arena fight, in which multiple contestants must fight against several or more waves of various perverted wildlife while doing their best to keep their dignity intact. I have designed it so that it can be done by a solo-player, a team comprised of only one users characters, or a team of multiple users characters. However if you wish to participate, I advise you ensure your character has the 3 basic stats as part of their profile; Strength, Skill/Dex, and Intelligence. Having these will allow for a smoother flow of combat.)

(A basic run of the Gauntlet will go as follows. The contestant enters the arena in perfect starting condition, meaning no buffs or penalties against them. They must then fight in four rounds of combat against various monsters. For every added contestant for a Gauntlet run, 2 extra rounds will be added. Prior to each round, the monster(s) that they must fight will have already been chosen by the 'Gauntlet Master'. Each monster will have a value depending on their difficulty, ranging from 1 to 5, and an associated skill that will be their weakness. In order to emerge victorious from the round, the characters corresponding stat +two rolls of the dice, must be greater than the monsters total value. For each round, the Gauntlet Master will roll a single die to determine the quantity of the monsters in the round. The overall score that must be beaten is determined by this. For example; if there is a monster whose value is 5 and I roll a 4, then the fighter must have a total score higher than 20.)

(This game boils down to a test of luck and gambling. The player will know the number of monsters in the next round, but not their value or weakness. If you wish to increase your odds of victory, you can sacrifice 1 article of clothing to reduce the enemy number by 1 for the next round. In Gauntlet team matches, only one character can fight in each round, so you must choose who to send out wisely.)

(This is the rough concept so far. You don't lose until your character is completely naked *not including shoes or socks*, and each monster can have different ways of finishing off the contestants in a humiliating way. I still haven't decided what will happen if someone makes it through the Gauntlet victorious, but that's not what we're looking forward to.)

(If you are interested in taking part in the trial run, or have some ideas for this concept, be sure to respond.)

Krucible

Back to top Go down

The Gauntlet *trial run* Empty Re: The Gauntlet *trial run*

Post by splotch Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:01 am

(I'm in! What dice do we use for the three stats for our characters? I'm a little hazy on your rules, but we can work it out as we play. I think I'll use a team of Manila the songstress and Gortha the half orc peasant..)

splotch

Back to top Go down

Post by Percolator Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:00 am

I'll use a team of Lovisa and Alana.
Percolator
Percolator

Back to top Go down

Post by Krucible Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:39 pm

(Sorry Percolator, but splotch was the first to respond. This is a trial run, so I'm only accepting one person for this match.)

(Alright splotch, here's what you do; I will roll a standard 6 sided die to determine the enemy quantity for the round. However you won't know the point value or the stat weakness for the monsters. Based on how much of a risk you want to take, you select the character you want to send in, in the hopes that their stat that coincides with the monsters weakness is high enough. But you also roll a standard 6 sided die twice to add to their stat for the match.)

(For example; If a characters strength stat is 7, and I roll a 4 and a 3, then their strength stat for the round becomes 14. But you don't need to pick an specific stat to improve. The roll boosts technically apply to all stats, it's just that the enemy is only weak to one of them. Keep in mind that I'm still trying to work out the kinks. That's why this is a trial run.)

(So he we go.)

Enemy quantity- 4

Krucible

Back to top Go down

Post by splotch Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:07 pm

(Okay, Character stats:
Manila:
Strength- 4
Skill/Dex-10
Intelligence-10

Gortha:
Strength-11
Skill/Dex-9
Intelligence-4

Now, I pick who's going to go? Can I use both? Four seems like a lot. If that's allowed, I'll have both participate. I think that's all right? If not Gortha will start things off.)

splotch

Back to top Go down

Post by Krucible Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:17 pm

(Again, this is a trial run, so rules are subject to change. So for now, I suppose you can send both in.)

Krucible

Back to top Go down

Post by splotch Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:28 pm

(That's the plan then!)

splotch

Back to top Go down

Post by Krucible Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:35 pm

(Also for now, I won't be doing any big descriptive scenes of what's going on. This is just to see how the Gauntlet works out. And remember; since you have 2 characters, you need to make it through 6 rounds. But enough of that, time for round 1!)

Enemy- Spanking Simians

Point value- 3

Total value- 12

Weakness- Intelligence

(At least one of your characters must have an Intelligence value of 13 after your roll to win.)

Krucible

Back to top Go down

Post by cerindclvr Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:35 pm

((This looks exciting!  I love this idea, and I'd like in if it's not too late.  Halia has historically had a good time fighting monsters. xD

str:4
dex:9
int:7

If it's alright with you, since summer's here, I'd like to rule that these contests are part of the qualifier's for the Queen's Games.  Anyone who gets past 3 waves of enemies is entered in the games, officially, and has a crack at the Queen if they pass the other tests.))
cerindclvr
cerindclvr
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by splotch Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:50 am

(So, should I roll then write out the results?)

splotch

Back to top Go down

Post by Krucible Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:13 pm

(Surprising as it may seem, your input has already given me what I need to make a finished product. I hope you are not angry with this abrupt ending, but once I post the final result, everyone will have access to The Gauntlet. Keep an eye out for my next post within the next 24 hours.)

Krucible

Back to top Go down

Post by splotch Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:07 am

(Oh, okay. That's cool! Excited to see how it goes.)

splotch

Back to top Go down

Post by splotch Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:55 am

Is this still going to get written out? I'm kind of confused how this works...

splotch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down