Enferia Adventures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arena Roster

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Arena Roster Empty Arena Roster

Post by Phantompen Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:27 pm

((Note: A player can participate in an Arena match and an Adventure at the same time. Given a rather vague timeline, the accepted notion is that the two concurrent stories happened at different times with little bearing on each other.))

This thread will serve to set up fights between players. Here, players can arrange to set up fight threads between each other. Once a match has been decided upon, a corresponding thread can be posted in the Arena forum.

This should hopefully help with matchmaking.

Last edited by Phantompen on Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Phantompen
Admin

https://enferiaadventures.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Arena Roster Empty Re: Arena Roster

Post by Phantompen Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:15 am

Currently seeking a match: Velatha Rainsinger. After being arrested in a botched theft job (that totally wasn't her fault. The employer dropped the ball on important details, damn it!), Velatha has been forcefully entered into a match in the Arena as her sentence.

"Hmph. Let them go ahead and try to find someone to face me. I'll shame whoever they're stupid enough to throw my way."

Phantompen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myds6 Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:19 am

Niniane the Maladroit (she hates that epithet, but it seems to follow her wherever she goes, once some calamities happen) also might be "forced" into a match for brawling at the tavern and shaming one of the guards inadvertently and laughing.
Myds6
Myds6

http://myds6.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by westley24 Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:54 am

In light of her recent adventure, Caterina Auditore requires a match in the Arena. Possibly more than one match.

westley24

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantompen Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:04 pm

Solana Spellblade might make for an interesting opponent, if you're interested.

Phantompen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by westley24 Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:22 pm

I'll take you up on that offer, though I'm sure Caterina is none too keen to have fire blown at her.

westley24

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantompen Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:23 pm

Nobody ever is. Can't imagine why...

I'll try to have an arena starting post ready in short order, then. I'm going to also be trying out the new durability for equipment to make things more interesting combined with the damage roll system.

Phantompen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by westley24 Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:47 am

Turns out, the Enferian government doesn't like when people take their stuff. Yvette is currently in the Arena.

westley24

Back to top Go down

Post by Myds6 Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:50 pm

Speaking of not wanting to have fire blown at you, Jessica the Pyromancer just magically got a plot reason to be in the arena.  If you want to GM, she's available for a match.  The latter request is because I've already got an adventure going with Phantompen (apparently on hiatus) and I'll be doing renders of both the Trouble adventure and the arena battle from time to time.
Myds6
Myds6

Back to top Go down

Post by cerindclvr Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:30 pm

Alright everyone. We've waited a bit for Alphalurker to post in the "trouble at the arena" adventure, but I'll probably post something there later this evening if he doesn't return, just to keep it going. As I said, T'Cryse isn't in the thick of the combat just yet so it shouldn't be too bad, and we'll try and wait for him on the next round.

In the meantime, I would very much like to see Halia, Christie, or the newly posted Ashley in an arena battle. I'm willing to run one for whomever is interested, just pitch who'd you like to play and who you'd like to play against.
cerindclvr
cerindclvr
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myds6 Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:53 pm

I'll probably be game a little after Jessica's current match finishes up. I have to say Westley is doing an awesome job GM'ing it. As Niniane is getting to compete in the arena trouble adventures at the moment, I'd like to use Miryala the elf or maybe put Jessica back in action. Wow, she's really coming across as mean, when she's just been taught to think her training is unbeatable...well, and she's trying to put on a good show. But who knows, she might need to be taken down a peg or ten.

I can get back to GM'ing stuff in a bit as well--I didn't want to try for that match because I'm away too much right now and didn't want to ignore it. While I can type in moves from mobile (with mixed multiple posts and typo results), the GM stuff is a little too complex to handle that way. Phantompen, glad to see you back, and I hope my eagerness to try a lot of things didn't contribute to your burnout. If you're game for finishing up the stuff with Alexia, I'll also move into on to phase two: the high seas. If Alexia decides to drop out for the next phase, I'd understand as well. If not the better--it can depend on how much you feel like continuing. But I think we could stagger crazy adventures and always have something good going when one of us is available to run it.
Myds6
Myds6

Back to top Go down

Post by cerindclvr Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:19 pm

I do a lot of posting from my mobile as well so I feel ya. I'm super glad to have Phantom around again also, as he knows, and I think bigmara will probably be back around again soon as well...

Any preferences on who you'd like your character to compete against? Jessica vs Christie would be a good match, I think. Either of my other characters would go well against Miryala too.
cerindclvr
cerindclvr
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by westley24 Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:31 pm

Phantom, if Velatha is still looking for a match, I'd like to see if Michelle has a place in the fantasy setting. I may have made her more of a steampunk character, but I think the alchemy looks enough like magic to suffice.

westley24

Back to top Go down

Post by Myds6 Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:14 pm

Yeah, I'd be up for Jessica vs Christie...she doesn't know what she's getting into.  Tell me what you think about whether her special "nymphomancer" ability needs a bit of a rewrite first, though.
Myds6
Myds6

Back to top Go down

Post by cerindclvr Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:14 pm

I think the option for more attack types would be cool... Is that her "special ability"? Or was it more of an ad hoc maneuver? What are the possible balance concerns, again?
cerindclvr
cerindclvr
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myds6 Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:32 pm

A little too embarrassing if someone haven't lost yet. I'd like to point out that they don't have to climax, just be distracted and, touching themselves, presumably inside or through clothes, if the relevant clothes haven't been removed yet.

I'm not sure what you mean as an ad hoc maneuver (not in the vocab sense, of course, but in the difference concerning how it would be deployed as a move). In my first writing, I thought it would be an intentional move, an option to cast other than fire. Basically, the character idea is fire, fire, fire, because she was trained to fight that way, but sometimes it malfunctions and something else is cast. But she also has this "naughty schoolgirl from an academy for sorceresses" thing going on, and I thought this fit in a bit.
Myds6
Myds6

Back to top Go down

Post by cerindclvr Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:13 pm

Hmm, a few thoughts on that. I think the ultimate effect is what needs to be considered. It's not a guaranteed hit, so the embarrassing effect before a de facto loss doesn't bother me personally. Any character's attack may be embarrassing if it lands, incidentally or otherwise. If your character's ass can get lit on fire and she hops around before putting it out in a puddle, then I don't see why a character who's willing to use an action on something besides stripping should be denied.

It should probably be handled by a conventional attack, though...
cerindclvr
cerindclvr
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cerindclvr Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:27 am

additional thoughts on my previous post, having reviewed the proposed effects...

the ability itself isn't that powerful, ultimately... the attacker spends their turn using an ability that will, at best (that is, if even successful), tie up their opponent for a round. It is embarrassing, sure, but it actually doesn't bring the person using it any closer to winning... so what's the harm? Isn't combatants embarrassing each other kind of the point?

Also, what I meant when I said 'ad hoc' in this context is... Is nymphomancer intended as her special ability? Or is this an improvised spell effect, similar to the way one would use a grapple, disarm, trip, stun, etc. style attack?
cerindclvr
cerindclvr
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myds6 Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:04 am

How's Irlana the Magnificent? She has a legit reason for a matchup now. Or, if anyone has a few characters and wants to experiment with a group match, she has Jessica and Jessica's two attackers as teammates.
Myds6
Myds6

Back to top Go down

Post by westley24 Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:25 pm

I have a few characters I might put into the arena together. Michelle's already looking for a match, and I'm sure Alison, Jacqueline, and Yvette would be happy, or forced, to help.

westley24

Back to top Go down

Post by Myds6 Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:18 am

That sounds pretty cool.  For the sake of having things moving, one of us should GM.  Who do you prefer?  I mean I'm willing to dot he work (Although I won't be contributing much Sat, Mon, Tues, Wednesday this week), but also don't want to be grabby if you prefer to for some reason.  Also, should we try tag, or all at once?  Either way, I guess it can be an "elimination" process to see which team wins, and for fun, the "punishment" phase can be all together.  That would be cool because Yvette and Jessica have a history, so it's almost like a rematch.

In addition, I like to heavily illustrate the stuff my chars are involved in (along with other things that catch my attention)...hopefully you enjoy that or are neutral on it at least. That said, I realized I hadn't done a Michelle figure--I really thought I was caught up. But there's one there now, so feel free to tell me if anything needs to be changed.

I hope we do this. It's good to have multiple threads running on here because sometimes there are a few days with no activity at all. And this place has become my favorite internet hangout, since it pretty much provides what half my brain activity is thinking about anyway at any given time.
Myds6
Myds6

Back to top Go down

Post by westley24 Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:30 pm

I'm actually a really lazy person, so if you want to do all the work, that's fine by me. So far as how the match would go, I think it would be whatever you're willing to do.

westley24

Back to top Go down

Post by Myds6 Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:07 pm

OK, I'll set it up ASAP. Travelling for a little while this week, so that might slow me down on GMing...I can still maybe add short moves in the trouble thread--using the phone to gm is too hard, though--so apologies in advance for that couple of days.
Myds6
Myds6

Back to top Go down

Post by TeratonArm Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:03 pm

I'm going to throw out a post here to say that I'd be happy to have an arena match with either of my characters. Kalka the Brawler could be in a match either for the rewards and betting money, or as a sentence for a particularly bad bar fight. On the other hand Shannon could have run afoul of some custom in Enferia she wasn't familiar with, or thought to get involved to learn about Enferian culture without really knowing what she'd be getting into. Either one is fine with me, if someone thinks a fight against ether would e appealing!

TeratonArm

Back to top Go down

Post by TeratonArm Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:27 pm

Looking for another arena match, with either Shannon or Rosa this time, if anyone is interested. I added stats to them for splotch's system so I can use that too if people want.

TeratonArm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next